• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ORB

What Have I Done Wrong?

ORB

Strange Problem!

I have connected my VTS loom to my Phase 2 plugs as per below:

wiring_zpsbf7a0b12.jpg

Anyway, I can see the sensor for the Air Con and the Coolant Guage is a cock up, I will address this later…

But

I have a slight issue somewhere (poss earth?)

The Dash Lights (Stop, Battery and small guage warning lamps) all illuminate, and nothing else works, but then I disconnect the battery, and it does it again, I try again and it works as normal…. Then back to funny dash lights problem…

The above problem I think is an earth, as it is effected by the doors, when the doors are shut, the lights on the dash goes out, and then when open, they come back on!

I am not sure where to start, can you see anything obvious?

Edited by ORB

Weser

Don't know anything about doing the wiring conversion and VTS side but IIRC the dash lights on the 205 (STOP etc) all earth through the oil pressure switch/sensor. Could be something to do with that wire?

I had something very simular with my dads Cti with the doors and lights and it came down to a faulty oil pressure switch.

ORB

Very Interesting!

I will sort the wiring tonight and go from there!

ORB

Any further input before I start pulling stuff to bits ? ?

:)

ORB

Job jobbed...

So, I faffed on removed the loom (bitch to get plugs back out of bulkhead hole !), continuity tested EVERY sensor against the brown plugs and all was well, no issues anywhere (i even got the "oops" one in the above table right, just wrote it in my notes wrong)

Call me mr moron pants, it would seem in my rush to get it all loose fitted to test my loom etc the other night, I neglected to tighten the 10mm that holds the earths down to the inner wing meaning nothing was earthing properly. Thus causing daft issues.

Stupid boy.

Edited by ORB
  • Like 1

pug_ham

Call me mr moron pants, it would seem in my rush to get it all loose fitted to test my loom etc the other night, I neglected to tighten the 10mm that holds the earths down to the inner wing meaning nothing was earthing properly. Thus causing daft issues.

Stupid boy.

Glad you sorted it Oliver, I speed read this topiclast night & did wonder about the earth stud either on the gearbox or inner wing but figured you would've checked that already.

g

ORB

Cheers G

It's nice to sort something yourself, even if its a moronic fault that should not have occoured.