• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Nathangti

Turbo Elbow For Gt2860Rs

Nathangti

Any help would be much appreciated!

I'm upgrading my turbo to the GT2860RS from standard 406 turbo but does anyone know (or already done) wot turbo elbow - exhaust too use? Someone has said a 200sx one? Is this a custom job? :-/ thanks for any advice!

Tom Fenton

You do realise that the 406 turbo to manifold flange is an oddball and so your new GT series will not just bolt onto the manifold yes?

Elbow wise, I'd think its a custom job to be honest, but you may be able to find an OE option to bolt onto the turbo itself and then fabricate a downpipe.

205turbo

i used a standard TT one on mine but you would also need the TT manifold to use it

Nathangti

Thanks guys for replying! Lol yes Tom I do and I already have a TT manifold for which ive had for sometime but just now getting round to fitting it all with new turbo just having trouble with the elbow to downpipe! I bet a TT elbow is like gold dust? I have a R33 elbow that I got from breakers which is right when bolted to the turbo but it will never bolt to the exhaust! it has a slight twist to the exhaust flange end which aims it to the w/arch to much :-(

Have to go custom then. Thanks for your help guys!

wicked

It's more important to get a tt manifold, as it's harder to build a manifold yourselves. The elbow is a lot easier.

But I doubt if it will fit. I mounted a similar sized T28 on Tt manifold and didn't hit the bulkhead with 5mm clearance. If your willing to smash a big dent in your bulkhead, it will fit...

Strictly_Derv

What you'll need is these-

IMG_01231_zps3755d8a3.jpg

and turn it into this-

IMG_02091_zps133c800e.jpg

I'm just going to sleeve it to the original exhaust pipe. Ideally you want the biggest L-bend you can for maximum flow, in this case it was 2.5 inches.

Hope this helps.