• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
lfallgti

(Soon To Be) My New Aussie 205

lfallgti

I'm sure a few of you have seen Gerry's thread on this car, and may be familiar, even if it hasnt been seen in the flesh by most.

Basically, i came back from the beach on sunday evening, had a quick flick through gumtree looking for a work ute and realised that since christmas, i hadnt typed in the most loved and despised number and letter combo known to man into the search bar.

With an iron will and promise to the wife that should anything unexpected turn up in the results, (ie; an actual match) i would remain calm, assess the situation and not be influenced by emotion. (or lack of sunroof)

With a growing sense of anti-climax as a result of many a fruitless search i typed 'them' in..............."205 gti"...........click..............

1 - 2 of 2 ads for "205 gti" in Western Australia

I think at this point i choked on my vegemite.

After dismissing one result as an "electronic damping force controller" i deduced that this wasnt what i was seeking.

The second result however, did catch my eye.........

1994 Peugeot 205 gti Hatchback

Finally after months of searching (see my topic from last year) i had one in my sights.

After a quick perusal of the article and despite the car not actually having a means of propulsion fitted at present i called out to the wife......

"erm....honey"

"buy it" she said

in the few minutes i spent reading the ad, i had my 'convincing' speech all prepared, but now i was taken by surprise, my first reaction was that she was having an affair and that this was a reaction to her guilt, but then the follow up came.

".........if we can sell the falcon and get me a kombi" (vw camper)

Now, i may have gotten a little ahead of myself ,but suffice to say there will be an old volkswagen on my drive to keep the 205 company in the near future.

A message was sent to the seller, and here is where the forum played a big part. I'd remembered seeing the name Gerry from WA on here and was surprised that the seller too was named Gerry.(also from WA) Could this be a coincidence i pondered? Not for long however, as my suspicions were confirmed as a quick pm on here revealed. I was also pointed in the direction of Gerrys topics/posts on here and soon stumbled upon his photos of the car as well as a wealth of info regarding it.

I soon learned also, that the car is the last known gti built on the forum.

I made a mental note to buy the car for bragging rights.

i wont go into exactly how a deal was struck but the next day i'd sent a deposit and was getting ready to type up my new car post. albeit without actually seeing it in person.

The car does have a cracked block/engine out, but i plan on getting it fixed as soon as i collect the car. I am also led to believe that it has paperwork galore, fsh, and has never wanted for anything. I won't go into too much detail as most of the info has already been posted, needless to say tho, i'm pretty excited to finally be getting my hands on another 205.

Here's a link to Gerrys original thread.

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=144316&hl=

Lee

lfallgti

Yeah, was in a rather good mood, so added a bit of humour

gerry

Glad your happy with it :-)

lfallgti

yep.

I'd forgotten how involved i get with a project. Have been researching most of the day.

gerry

Lol yeah gets like that!!