• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Samson1886

Coolant / Bitron (Brown Conn) Controller Temp Sensor

Samson1886

For XU10j4 (ZX16V), I understand there are 3 temp sensor mounted on below thermostat housing for those equipped with A/C.

Green color connector is ECU Temp Signal

Blue color connector is Temp sender to dashboard indicator

Brown / Maroon color is Temp sender to Bitron Video for triggering high speed fan.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

My car at city driving showing the temp is a bit high @ 100C heavy traffic. While crusing in highway is rather okay @ 80C.

I did unplug the brown connector and the high speed fan kick in. This tells me the 3 relays & Bitron Video is in good order. Is my assumption correct?

Haynes says high speed fan kick in 107C. Theoretically, my car cooling system functions in good order.

However, in a tropical country like mine, which the weather is HOT all the time, I am not comfortable on this car temp pointed at 100C.

I just changed new coolant, also a newly reconditioned head and gasket. Radiator has also changed to bigger one (3layer).

I am seeking advice is there any proper way to send / trigger signal to Bitron Video as it can activate high speed fan earlier say 90C? (Perhaps other sensor with lower specification on temp?)

The brown connector temp sender that I'm using is original part. I've been searching in net on this brown connector specification as of what temp it sense to give signal? Anyone have idea on this?

Comments / Advices is highly appreciated. Thanks!

petert

You'll need to do some tests with a multimeter and some boiling water to determine the resistance vrs temperature scale for the sensor. By placing either a resistor in series or parallel with the sensor you'll be able to fool the Bitron.

welshpug

its the control unit that regulates the switching points, you could use a different unit to alter that, for example from a Turbo Diesel or Auto XU7, or XU10 auto Xantia's (as well as DT and XU7) (1338 30 is the two speed control unit with lower temp)

however it should have more than just high speed fan, so there may be something wrong there, as it should be two fans, not the single speed single fan of the non AC cars.

Edited by welshpug

Samson1886

Thanks for the inputs. My bitron video is 133028.

Welshpug, you mentioned the bitron 133030 is with lower temp. Will the socket / connector be the same?

Also you have any idea on what range of the lower temp?

Fooling the bitron with some value of resistor, unfortunately I am no expert on wiring otherwise I will get it done.

And yes, mine is equipped with air cond and 2 fans with 2 speed as well.

Below is the 133030 bitron which is pretty expensive though...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-CITROEN-PEUGEOT-306-405-806-ZX-XANTIA-SYNERGIE-BRITRON-UNIT-133830-/320977203018

Thank you!

Samson1886

Hi, my mechanic garage's have 3 bitron video with different color surrounding the connector. It stated as below info obtained from the physical part;

1) Orange color (PP-TD30 / 9614696380)

2) White color (PP-TD30 / 9614696180)

3) Yellow color (PP-TD30 / 9614696280)

Can someone please kind enough tell me what is the color differences means for? Though the part indicate the same number but I believe the serial number (as stated above) is different.

Welshpug, I hope you see this thread. If you do, can you advise the lower temp 133030 is one of it as stated above?

My friend also told me there are another Bitron Video with green color as well. So, please share with me if any of you aware on this?

Thank you in advance.

len306

1) Orange color (PP-TD30 / 9614696380) →1338.28

2) White color    (PP-TD30 / 9614696180) →1338.30

3) Yellow color   (PP-TD30 / 9614696280) →1338.29

Green color   (PP-TD30 / 9614696080) →1338.31  for PSA 1.6(XU5M), 1.9(XU9J2)

• Like 1