• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
engine killer

Megane Ii Brake Modification

engine killer

I have bought myself a Renaultsport Megane II R26R late last year.

Now I am about to prepare my first trackday with it, the first thing I would like to get done is the brake, it is too SOFT!

I have been with my pedal-boxed 205 for so many years and love the way (stiff) it performs, but the Megane is just ..... can't do the heel-toe, can't modulate easily..... :(

I won't go for "pedal box" route for this car so I am thinking of a bigger diameter master-cylinder or a smaller servo to suit. Tried to ask in the meganesport.net but no response.

Has anyone got any idea/experience of any compatible master-cylinder or servo for the R26R?

Or any other suggestion is welcomed.

Thanks.

welshpug

how old is the brake fluid and what pads do you have?

engine killer

still running stock pad (only covered ~8,000miles, no trackday at all) and the fluid has been changed early last year.

will changing the pad, fluid and disc make a big difference on the pedal feel?

my 205 used to be my daily car even with the pedal box, so my right calf is still strong. I enjoy the modulation a pedal box gives. ^_^

DRTDVL

We found the meganesport guys a bit tame when it comes to doing mods, as I've been helping crew for my friends r26 f1 racecar.

If the fuild is old or there is any air in the lines it will make a big differance... If you haven't already have a look at the rs tuner it's a fantastic bit of kit.

engine killer

We found the meganesport guys a bit tame when it comes to doing mods, as I've been helping crew for my friends r26 f1 racecar.

If the fuild is old or there is any air in the lines it will make a big differance... If you haven't already have a look at the rs tuner it's a fantastic bit of kit.

I guess most people with modern cars are tamed anyway. Bolt-on stuffs from the shelves are main key.

Checked, the fluid is fine and no air in the lines. :(

RS Tuner, do you mean RSTuning's Paul?

DRTDVL

I managed to aquire a copy of the parts catalogue and had a good look through... Some interesting info if you look.

This is the tuner I was talking about - http://www.fastchip.nl/

Batfink

sintered metal brake pads will help as they do not compress when in use.

engine killer

I managed to aquire a copy of the parts catalogue and had a good look through... Some interesting info if you look.

Will give it a try tomorrow when I am with my PC at work.

Thanks.

sintered metal brake pads will help as they do not compress when in use.

Hmmm, in that case I will aim for the new pad and changing fluid path first, hope it will work. Thanks.

engine killer

Forgive my asking, is your catalogue in hard copy or soft copy?