• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
hattjosh

Cheaper Alternative To Bbm Thermostat Adapter?

hattjosh

Hi guys, I've been browsing ebay for cheaper bits for my gti-6 conversion and came across this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271019865293?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

My question is would this be an alternative to the lovely (but expensive) bbm thermostat adapter? I have tried to campare images of the gti6 housing and this item but as none of them are from directly above its really hard to see if the sealing faces are the same. cheers for your help.

Paul_13

The stud pattern looks wrong on that. Shame tho, looks like good bit of kit

205turbo

i've been toying at getting them made in nylon, would work out a lot cheaper

• Like 1

hattjosh

I do believe Stew was working on a different design which might have ended up cheaper, sure I saw it on his stand at pugfest.

they looked like these that Spoox have for £35 :/

http://www.spoox.co.uk/en/peugeot-306/2104-peugeot-306-gti-6-rallye-thermostat-housing-push-in-adaptor.html

Ah yes, i had seen those, the main reason for my not using one is i broke the plastic bit that holds that alloy adapter in. I think im going to have to stump up for the bbm item.

Miles

The 306 ones now are getting quite fragile and the connection idea is c**p too really, Looking into getting them made soon too

pug_ham

Looking on service box & they are liszted as for the 306 hdi, I have one of these downstairs from my donor engine as it had a plastic thermostat housing & the sensors didn't match my car so I swapped it to the original alloy one.

I can try it on an engine & compare with the BBM adaptor if you want but they were also made in alloy but these are fitted to various models with the 2.0 8v hdi engine.

g

hattjosh

Looking on service box & they are liszted as for the 306 hdi, I have one of these downstairs from my donor engine as it had a plastic thermostat housing & the sensors didn't match my car so I swapped it to the original alloy one.

I can try it on an engine & compare with the BBM adaptor if you want but they were also made in alloy but these are fitted to various models with the 2.0 8v hdi engine.

That would be really useful if its not too much trouble, although I suspect paul is right about the stud pattern.

thanks

pug_ham

I'll have a look in the next few days when I've finished work for this week.

g

pug_ham

Checked fitment over the weekend & Paul is right, the bolt pattern is wrong so only one bolt would line up so its no good.

g