• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
leemundo

205 Rallye Project

leemundo

It won't be a daily run around it will be a nice day toy so if i can get enough power out of the original it will be staying just need to find out what's possible without taking out a mortgage on a engine. If i can get anything over 100bhp at a reasonable cost ill be more than happy as Im in it for the fun not lap records

welshpug

TU2 is lighter ;)

leemundo

Sorry welshpug really am new to this and don't know engine codes tu2j2 is the rallye s2 engine? I apologise for my ignorance but i jumped.in the deep end trying to revive this car with limited knowledge and at the moment this forum is my life line to making dreams become reality. Callum have you got.you rallye as a project thread would defiantly be a good read for me?

Robbiedundy

Love a white rallye! You can download the photobucket app on your iphone and just upload photos with that, that's what I do rather than the hassle of finding a usb cable then swapping the photos over! :P

Robbie.

Lowercase

yea heres the thread mate.

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=140740&page=1

the swap is easy as long as you got someone good at wiring - didnt look hard im a body shop guy though not an electrician. all the hoses etc are the same as the 1.4 block. only issues with the S2 is the inlet manifold is rather tall so ive had to use bonnet spacers untill i can get an S1 inlet. and the crank sensor will set you back an annoying £40 or so new. and you'll need a gti fuel tank for the fuel pump.

but its a great engine choice so its worth doing.

MiniGibbo

if its a rallye, its got to be yellow haha

Lowercase

edit: if it belongs to matt, it's got to be yellow!

leemundo

Brilliant help cheers calum I've told my mate ill have his s2 engine so looks like thats sorted. Think I'll need someone to look at the wiringfr me though even though Im a electrician auto wiring is way out of my area of knowledge. My mate was suggesting maby running it of carbs my though thinks it would be bit more in keeping with original

Lowercase

sounds like a good idea mate. bit of extra poke and still the noise of the carb engine. - id like to put mine on bodies in the future or turbo it. but its more than powerful enough for me, and still fairly economical.

would like to get a second S2 engine though, or the gti/vts lump, strip it down, put fresh internals in it and just have a really healthy stock engine with induction and manifold jobbies. ,

wiring wise its just a matter of adding a few bits of the s2 loom into the original loom. poke away with the multimeter, find the lives and add the bits in you need. - ill stick to rubbing filler and let some one who knows what theyre talking about take it from here.

dont forget you'll need a new downpipe from the factors with a lambada sensor hole. £23 ish. you can use your current gear box, but you'll need the new crank sensor, ive got the part number written down in my tool box, ill have a look tomorow/sat for you.

leemundo

Due to the fact this is a evolving project with no time scale as soon as the engine is out of his car it will go on the engine stand for a overhaul. Looking at using his gear box aswel the only issue is he needs his loom for the conversion he is doing so will have to source my own loom off another car for my conversion. Your thread us brilliant mate really helpful for me.

leemundo

A few photos of how i received the car wheels.

post-23211-0-05988500-1361118330_thumb.jpg

post-23211-0-34966400-1361118418_thumb.jpg

post-23211-0-18802500-1361118461_thumb.jpg

leemundo

Hopefully had some good news today find a farmer this willing.to let us use his old.workshop to keep the car just got to go back in the week and discuss money.

leemundo

Small update got two days off work so thought would be rude not to do some car work and get this project moving. Started by ripping out the insides out, the only thing left in there is the dash now. After removing carpet and underlay i was happy with the rust situation as i was expecting quite a bit and its minimal. The only random bit in there was behind the drivers seat in the rear foot well the insulation was soaking wet so will need to investigate that. Then started the bay currently got most out of it way just got to lift out the engine tomorrow what should be fun without a crane, a mate popping round and were planning on lifting it out on a scaffold bar.