• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
john-melbourne

Gti/cti Carpet Repair

john-melbourne

Hi Guys,

My carpet in the CTI have got a couple of long rips near the sill, trying to source another one is near impossible with this in mind have many of your successfully repaired/stitched your carpets back to good condition? If so it it easy? any specific needle/thread needed?

Any before and after pictures to show how it looks?

Thanks Guys

John

stufarri

The only real solution John is to repair the backing or use strong tape to secure it.

Because they are plastic backed/moulded, the really can't be stitched I don't think.

GLPoomobile

I tore a large hole in the footwell section of a carpet once. As it was a tear, rather than an actual hole, it was still complete once the flap was held back in place. So I just used some gaffer tape to hold it together and put the carpet back in. I don't remember it being very noticeable.

I wonder if you could sort of melt the plastic backing, like plastic welding.

So long as the carpet is complete (no bits missing where it's damaged) once you fix the backing together, the damage should be largely hidden by the tuft in the carpet ple.

• Like 1