• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
aarontrophy

205 Gti Evo

Batfink

Both had budgets way beyond us mere mortals.

I have no issue swapping an engine from another car. Miles you put 306 engines into 205's and 406 engines into 309's! Pot Kettle Black?
These completely transform the driving characteristics of the car (for the better) Yes they are made by the same manufacturer but for arguments sake lol

Personally I feel to get big power it simply is too expensive to use a peugeot engine when there are plenty you can drop in that are great out the box. Its why i've chosen to sell all my parts and start afresh with a new idea.

• Like 1

GLPoomobile

GLP what about the xu10 lump (s16 engine) on here with a turbo on i think that was 500bhp maybe not usable but cheap and not to much involved in custom work

Which wasn't without it's a problems, I believe.

EDIT: deleted the rest of my ramblings as this topic has been diverted enough as it is.

Edited by GLPoomobile

johniban

My 205 gti6 isn't anywhere near as fast as my old Evo 8 that was running 383bhp so you must have a very fast 205!

My old Evo was also quicker than a 400bhp 306 too.

The evo you had must have had alot of work done to be quicker than a 400bhp 306. unless of course the 306 included wheel spin ect

In the past ive had a 315bhp corsa b turbo that used to beat standard evo 8's, vxr8s ect

the weight is next to nothing compared to an evo body and running gear.

Personally i wouldnt bother with an evo engine unless you want to go for megger bhp as the evo engines you can go further, an if you were using the whole floor pan and running gear you could obviously get the power down far easier than a fwd 205 evo

for the time and cost if just use a 2.0 pug engine and moddify it,

1 FAT PUG

a good 200bhp car will out perform a silly bhp car on a track

Baz
suicide.jpg
  • Like 3

Rob_Constella

Hi Guys,

Just had a read through the thread, interesting points put across and all valid ones at that. My personal favorite was that of miles...lol made me smile ;-) as for me leaving an indepth comment on this subject, I possibly wouldn't know where to start.... ;-)

• Like 1

sensualt101

Hi Guys,

Just had a read through the thread, interesting points put across and all valid ones at that. My personal favorite was that of miles...lol made me smile ;-) as for me leaving an indepth comment on this subject, I possibly wouldn't know where to start.... ;-)

lol a mixture of modesty and sarcasm from the 1st man to create an evo engined 205 :P

we all know you could answer so many of the points made here rob

johnnyboy666

get it done and put a project thread up, that way nobody needs to guess the results

• Like 1

Batfink

My work could build it no problem. I don't think it's a major challenge to make it a fast car. Whether its fast enough is another debate. There will always be faster cars owned by people with bigger budgets lol

aarontrophy

Where do you work mate?

Baz

What's your budget Aaron?

Miles

Don;t worry Rob I thought that when the Cosie one's where built too in their day

aarontrophy

Batfink

Where do you work mate?

KAM Racing

Got an engineer now working for us who for the last 7 years has been at RML on the Chevrolet WTCC cars.

Juttie205

16K sorry I couldnt not spend that on making a 205 quicker I would rather buy a evo,skyine etc which is a better car out the box then use rest to make it quicker as most of that 16k would be getting everthing fitted and working on the 205 like I said a well sorted 205 with a well set up engine would be bette for track use if thats what you are intending to do.

I didnt like my evo on track or narow lanes but my integra dc5 in same situation was so much more fun and gave me so much more feedback and that was only 220bhp compared to the evo that was 440bhp.

If i wanted a large fast car again I would look at evos,m3,rs4/6 but if i want a good allround car again I would have the honda again or get a track 205/clio etc.

aarontrophy

I've found a 205 Gti that I'm going for instead of making a evo 205 ;) I'm going to see it start next month and very happy about it

Baz

What do you actually want out of it, to do with it?