• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jonnyturbo

Antifreeze Comming From Rad Cap

jonnyturbo

as the cars warming up when it hits about 73 deg antifreeze starts pouring out of the radiator cap & also engine starts with a misfire, iv bled the engine 4 times thinking it may be airlocked. the thermoastat hadnt evan opened when it started pouring out.

iv ordered a combustion leak tester off ebay to see if the h/g has gone and leaking in to the system.

anything else i can do at home to check before the tester comes?

welshpug

check the plugs, but does sound like HG.

jonnyturbo

the misfire only comes in as the engines warmed up a little, its fine at first start.

but will check them in the morning.

Edited by jonnyturbo

jonnyturbo

testers come and just finished the test and the colour came out a little lighter blue then the tester fluid so all seems normal i guess? going to go over all the jubilee clips at the weekend and borrow a pressure tester to see if i have any leaks. anything else i can do?

dcc

go to a garage and get a hydrocarbs test done. sounds like its dieing!

if its pressuring fast it certainly isnt normal

jonnyturbo

combustion leak tester/sniff tester which iv bought is i think what your on about and did the test today and as above it came out a little lighter blue then when first starting the test. after the test i tried it with my breath to see if it would change colour and it did to yellow so at least i know it works.

as said before the thermostat didnt evan open before water was comming up out the rad cap but its well known 306's are hard to bleed, now before i did the test i had been working on the car and had it up on axel stands on a slightly vertical driveway so there could be a chance its self bled over the few days its been there

welshpug

Never found 306's hard to bleed, they're very easy.

jonnyturbo

just from what iv seen on the gti6 forum about peoples experiances, when i was bleeding i was doing the bottle method too to gain hight over the matrix but still didnt work.

jonnyturbo

20130107160641.jpg

is this a fuel pressure regulator? if so what off?

welshpug

looks like a damper off a 1.9 MI16.

how is that relevant to your ever continuing 2.0 8v turbo headgasket issues?

All I ever hear from you is headgaskets on 8v turbo's for the past two years I'm sure! :lol:

jonnyturbo

sorry its part of the fuel system on the engine and didnt know what it was and everytime i looked at it i always wondered :P

yes its true iv had nothing but problems with this engine. i built it up and fitted the engine within a weekend about 3! years ago and since then after taking the head off twice and pressure checked, valves relapped etc etc. brand new cts, lamba, crank sensor, icvs, 3 different injectors and other sensors, different ecus, all new vac piping, on my 3rd turbo as the other 2 smoked, different inlet and exhaust manifolds, wiring loom, and probley other stuff and yet the engine still wont run proper with everything plugged in. it will run okish with the cts plugged in outside the engine and the lamba unplugged which is what i did when i took the car for an mot before xmas but obviously i dont want to run it like this forever. tried getting it plugged in with snapon diags which i got told would work and it didnt. had few mechanic friends have a look at it and all said there not sure. the only thing not changed is the block.

iv been told to take it to a rolling road and get them to check but im not sure of one close enough to the wigan(manchester) area that id feel safe driving the car too without it breaking down :lol:

iam sorry for all the h/g posts/threads etc but everything and everyone always points to it with the problem i have.

welshpug

very possible.

jonnyturbo

were would it be cracked? after speaking with a friend the other day we came to the same conclusion and im tempted to buy another block and rebuild with new shells and rings and swap the engine/bits over 1 weekend