• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
iPlod999

1985 205 T16 For Auction.

sensualt101

i do but short of winning the lotto i doubt i will have the cash to buy it! :(

McDude

Pistonheads have a story on this, but it has scant details. I hadn't appreciated that T16s fetched this sort of money and wonder if this one will as it's not in original colour and seems to have lost its decals and front rubbing strip.

Redtop

I thought this one was at auction last year at one stage and had made around £112,000. The equivilant audi group b homologation road cars fetch around £150,000+ from what I was told from a person I met in Germany last year who was driving a red SWB in brilliant condition. Lancia, again with the 037's or delta s4's, they are horrendous money now as they shot up in the last 2 years. It make's the 205 look like value for money. The front splitter missing does nothing for it, really needs it, to finish it off.

Also note that car is c reg 1986 and they were all built in 1983 and had a blow over of grey paint (not a good one) before customer delivery as they lay parked up somewhere, so most of them have had 3-4 paint jobs today.

• Like 1

sean-G

:wub: stunning machine!!

Matt Holley

That is at the Autosport show this weekend.

u47sb2

A T16 is number one for my dream garage.

ORB

what did it make??

ORB

Just rang em, it made "Just shy of £50k"

My Boss was at me last night as he wants to buy one, anyone know of any more coming up?

stufarri

£47K to be exact, seems like a bargain to me with just 4K miles on it. The guide price was £70K apparently.

Edited by stufarri

GLPoomobile

Things that surprise me about this topic

1 - That Baz hasn't popped in to blow a blood vessel

2 - That nobody has pointed out it's a Turbo16, and not a T16

• Like 5

Baz

I cba anymore, people are always going to think they're ALL worth an absolute fortune because of the values/pricetags of the special/low mileage/concourse/pedigree examples which of course just isn't true. For a start this one alone has 'sold' about 4 times over and i'm betting it still didn't make reserve/sell.

They're not quick or that amazing, you'll be massively underwhelmed by c200bhp in what is a heavy car, & they don't handle that well, i've kept up with a slightly fettled one round local backlanes driven by a nutcase, althopugh still on TRX's, in an 8v GTi. But i guess that's not wholly the reason to own one of course!

As i've said before there's been 2 used/usable examples for sale in recent months for a fraction of the silly figures mentioned.

Oh yeah, they're a "Turbo16" not "T16", the latter was a standard production 405 model.

Done. ;)

• Like 2

tartanbloke

Interestingly, 0-62mph in 7.2 secs and weighs 1145kg.............not really that fast then.

peter

My "bodged" together turbo 16 would leave it standing :lol:

GLPoomobile

The only way they'd be fast by today's standards is if you wrung another couple hundred of BHP out of them. And that then means you've just devalued your collectors car by tinkering with it.

But as Baz says, that's not the reason for owning one. They're basically museum pieces IMO.

Edited by GLPoomobile

Redtop
The only way they'd be fast by today's standards is if you wrung another couple hundred of BHP out of them. And that then means you've just devalued your collectors car by tinkering with it.

But as Baz says, that's not the reason for owning one. They're basically museum pieces IMO.

Yeah 200bhp in today's world isn't very quick. The only way you'd make one quicker is to ditch the laggy 80's turbo and mechanical fuel injection and convert to modern Ecu management and 4 injectors. One part of them that is particularly heavy is the propshaft tube, which is changed to Kevlar in the rally versions. I know someone who has one with the PTS 300bhp kit and is considering changing onto motec management and modern injection. At least that way you'll know its safe on the fuelling side and works with today's fuels rather than the 80/90's 4 star.

• Like 1