• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mmcgtk

90 1.6 T-Belt

mmcgtk

Im after getting a timing belt kit for my 1990 1.6,im not sure if its the right one,it has a roller bearing style tensioner

also how many teeth should a 1.6 belt have

I have to take my water pump off because my local mf cant get a match on there computer,so do these change on different models?

I have steel t-belt top cover(i read on here the change tensioner types with different covers)

mmcgtk

thats the tensioner!!! :)

gates belt 113x17mm so id assume its a 113 tooth,i'll just have a count to be sure,

should that be the water pump,or could it be another type?

welshpug

There is only that type on that age of engine and that type of timing belt covers, post 92 engines have different belt covers and water pump, and belt kit.

mmcgtk

Great stuff,Thanks :) , im going to order it tomorrow,then at least i can do the belt and be done with it at the weekend!

Any thing to look out for when doing the belt,I havent done a 205 before,the only psa engine iv'e done is the xud9 diesel,which is a handy enough

welshpug

not too dissimilar to that one at all, just pinned at the crank pulley instead of the flywheel, and a little easier access.