• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
will_lliw

Miami Blue Gti With Family History.

will_lliw

i will try and finds some pictures of the car on the spit for you no problem. Also i left the rear screen in just took the weather seal out, i spent ages sanding around the glass and cleaning all the grime out so the paint will stick. me and a friend sprayed the whole of the underneath of the car and everywhere inside, i then took it to a man call roy evans and he did a top job ! Oh and the car is 1991!

Edited by will_lliw

Juttie205

Thanks that will be helpfull as I will be making a stand soon.

NFS

Cool looks good. The reason I asked about the ages was there are different shades of Miami and one is for the limited edition. And mine is LE and looked the same colour.

will_lliw

I didnt know that the paint was different? i cant remember what the paint code was i think it was emy ??

will_lliw
Because i couldnt find any pictures ive sort of posted them in any order, but here is a few to try and give you an idea of what ive been doing.

Also on one of the pictures you can make out the rear bracket on the spit.

post-21994-0-16937100-1358284910_thumb.jpg

post-21994-0-72287200-1358284917_thumb.jpg

post-21994-0-67306800-1358284920_thumb.jpg

post-21994-0-47570400-1358284924_thumb.jpg

post-21994-0-30727800-1358284929_thumb.jpg

post-21994-0-44309700-1358284943_thumb.jpg

post-21994-0-48629300-1358284949_thumb.jpg

post-21994-0-42519100-1358284961_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

johniban

looks great, if i was you id wear a paint mask rather than a dust mask tho

will_lliw

ahh got die of something, and thats not me

ALEX

Not having a go or anything, but I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon about the reshelling issue.

The shell you bought, did it come with a V5?

If so I'd be tempted to use the reg from that. That way the VIN number will match up with the reg if you come to sell it.

You can send the V5 off to get the colour changed to blue. (I think its a legal requirement anyway)

Re-shelling to me is a term used for race/rally cars when it get stoved it into some trees or wrecked,

If I was buying a race/rally car, I would'nt be bothered if the Vin didn't match the reg.

But If I was buying one to keep and use on the road. I would'nt be interested in a reshell, and I think many others would'nt either.

Great progress though, your doing a cracking job and as negative as we all sound, we all do mean well. :)

Leet205

Not having a go or anything, but I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon about the reshelling issue.

The shell you bought, did it come with a V5?

If so I'd be tempted to use the reg from that. That way the VIN number will match up with the reg if you come to sell it.

You can send the V5 off to get the colour changed to blue. (I think its a legal requirement anyway)

Re-shelling to me is a term used for race/rally cars when it get stoved it into some trees or wrecked,

If I was buying a race/rally car, I would'nt be bothered if the Vin didn't match the reg.

But If I was buying one to keep and use on the road. I would'nt be interested in a reshell, and I think many others would'nt either.

Great progress though, your doing a cracking job and as negative as we all sound, we all do mean well. :)

He hasn't mentioned if he is using his old reg or not. I wouldn't bother confirming either way if I were you!

paint looks great, best of luck with the rebuild :)

ALEX

I'm not totally against the idea of swapping identites by carving and cutting the vin nubmers for MOT and resale reasons.

My car has probably got fewer original parts than yours anyway (though it is at least the original shell) and If you did a good enough job you could easily fool the MOT guy and anyone looking to buy,

Note, You didn't get this idea from me :ph34r:

It would bother me if I did it though, Its a bit like sewing Calvin Klein into Primark underware.

One thing to be aware of that i found out when I replaced a dash in a GSi unknowingly with one with the vin number on it from a car taken from a scrap yard (Vauxhall didn't put the VIN on the dash in early cars), The MOT station phoned me up asking for an explanation why it came up as scapped. The scary thing was they had the power to take the car from me and had to stop the computer updating the DVLA database effectivley writting off the car.

I was lucky they believed me and told them to use the chasie vin.

Edited by ALEX

Robbiedundy

Nice work, I'm currently stripping down my 205 getting ready to prep for painting. I'm not really sure what to do though - what grit sanding disks did you use for the most part? And did you use a certain type of primer to get that shade of miami? I'm going to get mine painted in miami blue as well :)

Robbie.