• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
madspikes

Driveshaft Compatibility...

madspikes

I'm looking to replace the drivers side drive shaft as the intermediate bearing is toast... and the CV boots are both shot and wondering if this is the same as the 1.9 GTI shafts:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-205-1-8-TURBO-DIESEL-DRIVESHAFT-CV-JOINTS-OFF-SIDE-1983-1996-/130826719306?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D4572234990865544757%26pid%3D100015%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D2%26sd%3D370526664283%26

The 1.6's are different are they not?

Mad.

welshpug

yup, less splines and smaller diameter through the hub drive flange, same as 1.6 IIRC.

intermediate bearings are pretty cheap if you just look for the specific industry std size rather than for that specific application, if the joints are still good then worth fitting a couple of decent boots.

Tom Fenton

Nearly all of the supposed "new" or "recon" driveshafts I have had recently have been utter garbage. For that reason if your shaft has good joints i.e. no play in them, then I would definitely repair what you have got with a pair of boots and a bearing.

madspikes

Thanks guys. I think I'll just rebuild me existing shafts... Ok time for getting that bearing off then!

Mad.

ORB

Im looking at some new shafts for my 1.9 at the moment, but I am not sure what to buy as I cant find one thats at a sensible price and has a good reccomendation.

The Q-Drive ones at ECP look cheap, but are probably pure gash?

Anthony

No experience of their shafts, but other Q-Drive items are pretty poor in my experience..

As per the other thread discussing driveshafts at the moment, it looks like AMK are a reasonable bet for recon items - Motaquip, Unipart and some other factors should be able to get them.

Paul_13

Cheesegrater has been using q-drive shafts with no issues.

Shaftec on the other hand is a gamble. My 309 shaft doesn't run true.

madspikes

I'm just rebuilding mine. The bearing wasnt too hard to get off.

Mad

Adrian247

The bearing is an 6006 2RS, I get SKF ones from Brammer for £5 each, dead simple to replace takes less than 15mins.

• Like 1

madspikes

The bearing is an 6006 2RS, I get SKF ones from Brammer for £5 each, dead simple to replace takes less than 15mins.

Thanks for that, but I have already got an 6006 on order! :-)

Mad

omri617

I just want to make sure i got this right :

1.6 drive shafts are different from 1.9 by the nut size ? 30 vs 35 mm?

Peugeot 1.4/1.1 are the SAME AS 1.6 ?

So when going to a replacement store in my area , just to ask for peugeot 205 1.4 drive shaft?

Edited by omri617

welshpug

on your first question, yes the CV joint end of the shaft is arranged in that way.

however the gearbox end of 1.6 and 1.9 are the same splines, NOT TU engines (1.4 1.3 1.1)

omri617

What about compatibility to other models ? the 1.6 is the same as base models?

welshpug

a diesel or a 1.6 SPI yes.

omri617

Citreon C15 ?

welshpug

good lateral thinking, part numbers are the same if you look at the diesel models.

• Like 1

omri617

Thanks friend!