• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ross_mac1987

What Exhaust System To Fit Mi16?

ross_mac1987

after owning my lil mi16 for just over 6months, my neighbour has decided to complain that the exhaust is too loud on the car and has complained to the council. to be honest i know the car is too loud anyway but ive been trying to save so i can slowly replace the full system with a different make in one go.

im unsure of the make of the system on there and the previous owner was also unaware.

i just want to know about what downpipe/centre exhaust i need to marry up to the standard Mi16 manifold.

do i need a mi16/205 gti fabrication job? or can i get away with a gti centre pipe?

thanks

Ross

cybernck

If you want to quickly and cheaply get your car less loud, then look into replacing the backbox,

as it accounts for most of the noise in the first place (unless the center section is blowing).

• Like 1

Baz

With a std manifold you can run a std system but a decent example. The down pipe collector will need slight adjustment to meet the manifold though in most cases.

How is the manifold converted? Re-angled or with a wedge-plate?

Edited by Baz

cybernck
i just want to know about what downpipe/centre exhaust i need to marry up to the standard Mi16 manifold.

;)

ross_mac1987

i would get just a back box but it has a large bore centre secition also.

the manifold has be re-angled (badly) i have purchased another standard mi16 manifold so i can use the angle plate to carry out the repairs properly.

so if i go shopping for a 1.6 or 1.9 gti system to fit. all i will need to do is maybe tweak the flange that bolts up to the manfold yes?

thanks

welshpug

how about less throttle ;)

1.6+1.9 systems are the same, the later 2 part system is larger bore.

ross_mac1987

apparently my neighbour says its just the initial start at 530am that he doesnt like lol

welshpug

what system is it then?

stick a picture up.

ross_mac1987

i cant get a picture at the mo as my phone is away for repair, but i will when i can, the bore is large and it has two silencers, when i had it on the ramp last i couldnt find a brand stamp anywhere on it, might chuck a cheap standard set up on it for now till i can save for a proper set up. idealy i want a 4 branch but the cost scares me lol

Simes

I

might chuck a cheap standard set up on it for now till i can save for a proper set up. idealy i want a 4 branch but the cost scares me lol

Although I've got a 4-2-1 manifold the rest of mine is completely standard, there's nothing wrong with it.

It's quieter outside than the Magnex it replaced and it has the completely standard looking tip! ;)

ross_mac1987

the only think is, i like the look of the tip and dont want to have a standard tip poking out :(

jesse390

Standard looks best mate. Classic.