• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
omri617

What Is The Correct Ignition Leads Order ?

welshpug

202 is the motronoic AFM, that will be a large part of your problem.

you need a motronic ecu or jetronic afm (109)

also required is the matching engine loom.

do you have a long black relay next to the ecu?

• Like 1

omri617

yes i do

you mean this one?

post-19435-0-78572600-1356472993_thumb.jpg

Edited by omri617

welshpug

sounds promising you have a Jetronic Loom, iirc Motronic has two separate green relays like the 1.9 MI16, maybe Cybernck or Miles can confirm?

Finding a Jetronic AFM sounds like your best bet currently, possibly a distributor as well, the Ducelier is not one I'm familiar with so unsure if it is correct for a 1.9 Jetronic system.

omri617

I know there is a mess down there , but this is not the reason the car is having a problem

the car ran perfectly before and didn't sweep any part. by the way i re-checked and i have the 056 afm.

(DKZ engine - CAT removed , 340 ecu , 056 afm , the dizzy i told you , be3 gearbox.)

anyway , which things / plugs i need to verify in order to get over this problem?

thanks Welshpug!

pug_ham

this is not the reason the car is having a problem the car ran perfectly before and didn't sweep any part.

If it worked perfectly before then it is something you have done since, check everything you disturbed is refitted correctly & connected up.

You have fitted the correct inlet manifold gasket haven't you & its not blocking the injectors due to being a carb model gasket (although most places supply the same gasket now)? You never answered when I asked earlier.

If all you did was disconnect the inlet manifold, surely you didn't disturb the HT leads so they shouldn't be the cause of your problem.

Have you plugged the Throttle position switch back in when you refitted the inlet manifold?

Ducelier dizzys can be found on both 1.6 or 1.9 afaik, but the number of yours ( 2525640B) only brings up the 1.6 engine from the info I've found but even then, not the GTI engine.

g

omri617

If it worked perfectly before then it is something you have done since, check everything you disturbed is refitted correctly & connected up.

You have fitted the correct inlet manifold gasket haven't you & its not blocking the injectors due to being a carb model gasket (although most places supply the same gasket now)? You never answered when I asked earlier.

I fitted the inlet manifold correctly and was very caution .

it was "sitting" there as it should be , and felt tight. gasket covered only the metal without any c"m disturbing the holes of the injectors

If all you did was disconnect the inlet manifold, surely you didn't disturb the HT leads so they shouldn't be the cause of your problem.

no , for a check i will try to change them to be sure . i am sure about the order of them from your photo.

the car runs ok only if i leave the RPM above 2500-2700. when i drop my foot of the gas , car shuts. should mention that even when it's 2500-2700 rpm and above , car feels unstable and something is not smooth. it's not lacking power that much though.

Have you plugged the Throttle position switch back in when you refitted the inlet manifold?

you mean the black plug that situated on the throttle body? just near the radiator?

Ducelier dizzys can be found on both 1.6 or 1.9 afaik, but the number of yours ( 2525640B) only brings up the 1.6 engine from the info I've found but even then, not the GTI engine.

g

with the combination i have : DKZ (No CAT) + 340 ECU + 056 AFM ,which is the dizzy i need? i think DKZ needs a mechanical dizzy - right?

DamirGTI
the car runs ok only if i leave the RPM above 2500-2700. when i drop my foot of the gas , car shuts.

An quite big air leak i suppose .. look under the inlet manifold , there's a SAD pipe connected to the bottom of the manifold which with age cracks and thus creates air/vacuum leak ... it might be a little cracked when you did disassembling and now crack open when assembled back ..

ECU :

1.6 87-90 LE Jetronic - 0 280 000 333

1.6 87-90 LE Jetronic - 0 280 000 340

1.9 87-90 LE Jetronic - 0 280 000 359

1.9 87-90 LE/LU2 Jetronic - 0 280 000 345

1.9 90-04 Motronic 1.3 - 0 261 200 160

AFM :

1.6 83-90 LE Jetronic - 0 280 202 056

1.9 86-89 LE Jetronic - 0 280 202 109

1.9 90-94 Motronic 1.3 - 0 280 202 202

Ignition amp. (same for 1.6 1.9 and 1.9 16v engines ..) :

Bosch 6/7pin - 0 227 100 123

or - 0 227 100 111

or - 1 227 010 008

Coil (cylinder type 1.6+1.9) :

Bosch - 0 221 122 317

Distributors (mechanical) :

1.6 Bosch - 0 237 009 047 (105 Hp) Ph1*

1.6 Bosch - 0 237 009 062 (Ducellier - 0 237 009 084 , 115 Hp) Ph2*

1.9 Bosch - 0 237 009 066

1.9 Bosch - 0 237 009 051 (105 Hp , 1.9 DFZ engine)

Injectors :

1.6 - 0 280 150 211

1.9 - 0 280 150 762

Damir B)

• Like 1

omri617

one of the most useful posts i ran to ! Thanks-A-LOT

omri617

a question :

How to determine if the throttle body switch is functioning?

if the throttle position sensor is not working , what would be the feeling?
i am afraid it was damaged with water.

welshpug

Test with a multimeter.

• Like 1

DamirGTI

a question :

if the throttle position sensor is not working , what would be the feeling?

Nothing really ... on Jetronic management , can drive the car with the TP sensor disconnected .. only thing , the ECU wont receive signal @ WOT for fuel enrichment , and it'll over fuel @ overrun with the TP sensor disconnected ...

If the engine was running fine before the repair , id go back rethink and recheck for any possibilities of bad repair or something that you forgotten (can be just a wire or cross connected plugs , something simple as that ..)

Damir B)

• Like 1

omri617

Test with a multimeter.

What value should i get?

omri617

The oil filler tower bolts to the plenum. At this age the bracket has snapped but is normally fixed by the forementioned bolt.

With the bolt missing in metered air is entering and causes a rough idle/running.

YOU WERE RIGHT!!!

Thanks a lot! It was the bolt! Wow!

Thanks Welshpug also and Graham for helping .

Grear forum!

welshpug

Thats what i said to check too!

• Like 1

omri617

Yes i know , that was the filler thing . which i kept reading filter due to late hour!

Thanks really really i appreciate your help and time Welshpug.

Slo

Peugeot should be strung up for designing that bloody bolt lol

• Like 1