• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Zacky-94

R6 Bike Tb's ?

Zacky-94

Has anyone done this conversion on a tu5 j4/jp4 head

Have read alot of diffrent opinions on this set up

Is it worth it ? Any advice would be apriciated thanks

Batfink

depends how you connect them to the engine.

welshpug

which ones are they? itb's or paired? what size?

Zacky-94

which ones are they? itb's or paired? what size?

Thats basicly what im asking whats the best set up

Whitch is better itb's or paired and i wont be using silicone joiners!

Edited by Zacky-94

dcc

use the search function.

• Like 1

calvinhorse

Which car is it going in? A lack of space can compromise inlet tract.

I've read in the past that badly made / set up tbs on the tu5j4 engines can have only small if any gains.

Mite be worth looking at cams first (or instead) which they respond well to and also an aftermarket exhaust manifold "421" raceland do a budget one in stainless with a very good off the shelf tuned length.

Zacky-94
Which car is it going in? A lack of space can compromise inlet tract.

I've read in the past that badly made / set up tbs on the tu5j4 engines can have only small if any gains.

Mite be worth looking at cams first (or instead) which they respond well to and also an aftermarket exhaust manifold "421" raceland do a budget one in stainless with a very good off the shelf tuned length.

Its already got some cat cams init , 4-2-1 manifold and an enclosed type induction kit

Its in a 205 mate

Batfink

Racelands are cack but make good power. Only available second hand as they went under...

calvinhorse

Cack in what way? I always thought they were a bit over made, they weigh a ton!

Tandoh

If you are going for bike bodies, I would get the sandy brown kit.

They can work will with the silicone joiners, but Sandy's kit is the best avalible.

Currently building a loom for my j4 engined 205 Rallye on jenvey itbs :)

• Like 1

Zacky-94

Reading on here i think its best to save abit more and get some jenveys and an emerald k6 Standalone

Sounds like a lot of hasstle for not alot of savings TBH

welshpug

Jenveys aren't any better, they are just different, infact the bike bodies are higher quality in general, being original equipment.

On a TU engine they are quite well suited due to being quite short in overall length, and usually around the correct diameter.

I would drop Colin "Eeyore" an email to see if he has any batches on the way for the TU engine, most of his kits that he has developed with Sandy brown tend to use the GSXR throttle bodies, that's not to say the R6 cannot be used, it depends what arrangement they are.

Baz

Jenveys aren't any better, they are just different, infact the bike bodies are higher quality in general, being original equipment.

So why does anyone that's serious using Bike engined race cars swap to Jenvey setups?

welshpug

because they want a bigger throttle body.

Zacky-94

On a TU engine they are quite well suited due to being quite short in overall length, and usually around the correct diameter.

I would drop Colin "Eeyore" an email to see if he has any batches on the way for the TU engine, most of his kits that he has developed with Sandy brown tend to use the GSXR throttle bodies, that's not to say the R6 cannot be used, it depends what arrangement they are.

Thanks mei , so aslong as its done properly with decent managment not MS i will see decent results

welshpug

MS should not hold you back if you know your way around it and find a mapper conversant withit, but its usually far simpler to buy a DTA or OMEX Etc and have decent backing from suppliers and manufacturer.

• Like 1

Zacky-94
MS should not hold you back if you know your way around it and find a mapper conversant withit, but its usually far simpler to buy a DTA or OMEX Etc and have decent backing from suppliers and manufacturer.

Brilliant thanks

Baz

because they want a bigger throttle body.

That is not the reason at all. Even on standard engines.

Zacky-94

That is not the reason at all. Even on standard engines.

Why do they change them?

Rippthrough

Why do all the racing bikes NOT use Jenvey throttle bodies? ;)

There's nothing special about a Jenvey, the castings aren't even all that, usually need a fair bit of balancing out of the box.

Sandy

I use GSXR bodies on all my top spec TUs, I used to use Jenveys, but as our GSXR kits evolved, I was getting better results and durability (staying as you set them up, in balance etc) with the bike bodies. Not wanting to sound like an ass, but you'll struggle to find a TU 16v in this country working better overall than my best ones.

There's a difference because Colin and I have evolved our inlet designs and performance is the priority, where as most engine builders will just take the off the shelf solutions and the common kits (Jenvey, ATP etc) are not actually developed, they are just made to fit and basically work. As Meirion alluded to, the GSXR bodies are made by Keihin (a Honda company) and are true Japanese top production quality; the fit, finish and operation are leagues ahead of the aftermarket British ones I'm afraid. The issues people have usually revolve around how they are mounted (eg silicone joiners vs a custom designed solid mount manifold) and the trumpet design. The bike tract shape is designed with a different priority to a relatively low revving car engine's needs, with way we do it only leaves the actual butterfly as original, the rest of the tract shape is sleeved and shaped completely differently.

Zacky-94
I use GSXR bodies on all my top spec TUs, I used to use Jenveys, but as our GSXR kits evolved, I was getting better results and durability (staying as you set them up, in balance etc) with the bike bodies. Not wanting to sound like an ass, but you'll struggle to find a TU 16v in this country working better overall than my best ones.

There's a difference because Colin and I have evolved our inlet designs and performance is the priority, where as most engine builders will just take the off the shelf solutions and the common kits (Jenvey, ATP etc) are not actually developed, they are just made to fit and basically work. As Meirion alluded to, the GSXR bodies are made by Keihin (a Honda company) and are true Japanese top production quality; the fit, finish and operation are leagues ahead of the aftermarket British ones I'm afraid. The issues people have usually revolve around how they are mounted (eg silicone joiners vs a custom designed solid mount manifold) and the trumpet design. The bike tract shape is designed with a different priority to a relatively low revving car engine's needs, with way we do it only leaves the actual butterfly as original, the rest of the tract shape is sleeved and shaped completely differently.

You dont sound like an ass at all ive heard only good things about your manifolds, i will probly be giving you a pm in the near future about it all got a few other bits and bobs to sort on the car yet

Thank you for your advice much apreciated