• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugdamo

Wiring Help 2.0 Turbo No Start

pugdamo

Iv just done the wiring on my conversion and it wont start unless i earth pin 10 of the double relay

I have permanent lives to pin 15 14 11 and 8 of the double relay and pin 18 of the ECU
I have a swithced live to pin 3 of the double relay and to pin 27 of the ecu.
Pin 9 is connected to the fuel pump.
and the engine loom is earthed.

When im cranking it the side of the double relay that powers the coil and fuel pump isn't being pulled to earth by the ECU,is it possible that my ECU is locked?I had read on here that if it was locked it wouldn't start by earthing the double relay.

When i bought the 605 i took the engine from I disconnected the keypad immobiliser when the car was running and the car started everytime afterwards for about 6 weeks but i don't know if the immobiliser could have re armed itself somehow?

Thanks

pug_ham

Just had a look on autodata & unfortunately it doesn't have the wiring diagram for a 605 2.0t. :(

But, the wire from the double relay pin 10 runs via the IFS to pin 3 on the ecu on a Xantia loom yet direct to the ecu pin 3 on the 406 loom & the IFS breaks the feed to the fuel pump from the double relay.

Xantia;

post-71-0-75118000-1355512328_thumb.jpg

406;

post-71-0-95000800-1355512351_thumb.jpg

Either way it would appear you need a wire between the double relay pin 10 & ecu pin 3 (which is an ecu switched earth) but no idea why it would work for so long & suddenly stop, has it run in your car before or is this the first attempt at starting it in your car?

As for if the immobilizer can re-arm itself, I wouldn't have thought so but I've a problem with my 306 hdi that had is running a 406 hdi ecu I unlocked on removal & has been fine since June yet now comes up as locked on planet.

g

pugdamo

Thankyou for the reply,Its the first start in my 309 today,it was starting fine when it was in the 605 for about 6 weeks then i took the engine out.

I have got the wire from pin 10 on the double relay to pin 3 on the ECU but the ECU is not switching it to earth,im not sure whether its something iv missed connecting it up or if the immobiliser had re armed itself the ECU wouldn't earth this pin

pug_ham

Have you connected the ecu loom earth to the gearbox earth stud.

If it is all connected up then it sounds like an ecu issue in that case, ideally you need someone nearby with another 2.0t converted 205 or 309 to test your ecu & vice-versa.

Pin 3 on the ecu appears to earth the double relay to keep it latched sending power to the fuel pump & coilpack.

g

pugdamo

Engine harness earths on the head and the battery earth on the bell housing all connected.

This is the wiring diagram i have been using and it doesn't show an inertia switch,i will double check continuity of that wire tomorrow though,thanks g

I dont know anyone with a turbo local to me so ill have to look at getting my ECU unlocked next

post-13913-0-06964800-1355515794_thumb.jpg

M@tt

so will it run properly with pin 10 earthed?

if it does then that would suggest the CPS (crank position sensor) is reading ok, rather than it being faulty not letting the ecu know the engine is spinning and when to fire injectors/spark

Edited by M@tt

pugdamo

Yeah it runs fine. I'm just unsure whether if the immobiliser had re armed itself would the ECU not earth pin 3,cutting the spark and fuel.

I don't really want to pay to get the ECU unlocked if i don't need to,could spend that money on shiney bits ;)

Thanks for the reply

pugdamo

Just checked continuity between pin 10 on the double relay and pin 3 on the ECU and that is all good,im guessing that when the immobiliser is armed it doesn't switch pin 3 to earth,so im guessing that my ECU has locked itself again,does anyone know this for a fact?

Thanks

pug_ham

The immobiliser could internally break the earth track internally but I honestly don't know how it works.

With pin 10 earthed if it'll start & stop by the key correctly then you have a way around the problem but clearly its not ideal.

g

pugdamo

Just to update,i got my ECU back from having the immobiliser removed today and now it runs a treat,so the immobiliser breaks the earth path to pin 3 on the ECU.

Thankyou for all the help

Slo

Where did you send it to damo and what was the cost? When i had my 605 the keypad would lock itself after 30 minutes aprroximately if the doors were left unlocked and car not running and the central locking also locked it but only when using the keyfob, did you wire in the alarm system from the 605?

pugdamo

I sent it to a friend of mine who,it was £30 but there are companies all over that will do it.

Some people wire in the keypad but that pad did my nut it when it was in the 605,theres no way i wanted that in my 309