• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
luke1987

Laguna 2 1.9 Dci Cambelt Change

luke1987

Hi all the cambelt on my laguna 1.9 DCi 120 is due for a change just wondering if anyone on here has done one before, i suppose it cant be much different from the 8 valve XU. Ive been looking through the haynes manual and it seems straightforward enough bar setting the belt tension which they stress the need for a seem tool which I have never used, always used the turn method. So any tips would be appreciated cheers.

ablister

if it's anything like the 1.5 dci you need the locking tools. There is no woodruff (sp?) key on the end of the crank so you need to lock the crank with a tool that screws through the front of the block to stop it moving. Easy enough to do with the proper tools which can be bought from ebay for about £15.

The alternator belt can also be a pain to re-tension as there is a special tool that moves the alternator into the correct position while you tighten the bolts, i just used a lever bar instead but if belt's too slack, it'll squeal!

Again, this was for a clio 1.5dci so the 1.9 dci may differ ;)