• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
vtifan

Roland Garros Cabriolet Redux

vtifan

well i picked up my roland garros cabrio today and it really is a sweet wee car,i am aiming to build the special edition cabriolet that peugeot should have built,i have been gathering parts for the last few months and i have most of the bits i wanted or needed

heres a wee spec list based on the parts i have

gti6 engine with lots of polished parts but standard engine,rallye tensioner set up and 205 pas rack,bbm hose set

xsara vts box

1.9 hubs and shafts

gti6 brakes with braided hoses

avo coilovers ,but they are going to have to be swapped for bilsteins as they will not clear my wheels

1.9 rear beam not sure it its a 205 beam with uprated tb's or standard 309 item,not had a chance to check yet,but after trying wheels on today i hope its a standard 309 beam as they are rubbing on inner wheel house,at worst a small spacer will do the trick

gaz rear shocks

body wise i have at the moment

the dealer option peugeot sport front and rear valances

morrette headlights

brand hew hood in white but i really dont think i am going to be able to use this as it really doesnt tie in with my vision for the car

7.5x16 et 20 borbet a alloys look like they are going to fit at the moment but only tried them on base model suspension

going to have to bite the bullet after crimbo and go buy a set of the esquiss auto skirts,they still do cabrio ones and a set of rallye arches off the bay and thats pretty much it.

looking forward to getting into this one as its going to be my last car project and a keeper for me to use on nice days as i am getting on a bit now :o

i will try to update regularly with pics soon as i have asked santa to bring me a nice digital camera :D

AlexRS2782

Yay another person who likes the Morette headlights on the 205 :D I thought i was one of the only ones lol

Edited by AlexRS2782