• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rob Thomson

Decent 1.6 Gti Driveshafts?

Rob Thomson

Hello chaps,

Any recommendations for a supplier/manufacturer of decent recon driveshafts for a 1.6 GTi?

Mine are crap, both from local factors but couldn't tell you the manufacturer. Neither seals properly (never had that problem before in years of Pug ownership) and I've never been happy they're the right length or fit into the hub properly.

Are there any out there which are guaranteed to fit properly?

Cheers, Rob.

sensualt101

speno has some for sale in a thread on here right now if its any help :)

Baz

OE / GKN's!

Rob Thomson

Thanks.

I thought GKN probably best bet, will try to find some.

John_B

Yeah good luck with that Rob. I recently tried to find a GKN 1600 shaft, ended up ringing GKN and they transferred me around in circles for bloody ages. Ended up chancing a random one from GSF in the end which seems to be OK.

It finally cured the steering wheel wobble I've had for years which turned out to be a dodgy recon shaft.

pug_ham

Motaquip used to link to / supply AMK driveshafts when they stocked 205 parts so they could be worth a try, either that or for some good quality ones if you can't find GKN or oe ones, Shaftec or Dave Mac could be worth contacting but their prices will reflect I expect.

g

Baz

If it helps, i have a source for some new old stock GKN shafts, has sorted me out a treat! :D