• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
DanRM

Engine Cuts Out And Idle Hunting

GWtaylor

Since I also suffer from this I have 2 questions - where is the throtle position screw and how do I later reset it? Thanks

x2 on this as mine is running rough but I know I probably have a thousand air leaks at the moment but would still like to know the about for future reference

Callum

Got a fault with my car it started by cutting out when the clutch was dipped driving along when the engine was warm then tonight as pulled up on the drive it did it again but wouldn't start or idle but when it did I had to keep revving it.  I noticed if I could get it to idle it would cut out when I pressed the brake pedal as well as if I revved it up then didn't touch the throttle. I also let it cool down then tried it and it was fine when the sad was open but once it closed it was doing the same, I can't see any splits in the vaccum or breather hoses and there's resistance on the dizzy vaccum hose. I wound the throttle stop in and found it wasn't touching so I did it so the revs increased then bought them back down winding the idle screw in and seems okay now. It's pretty cold outside here and I noticed on the way home the engine temp was pretty low I also had my lights and heater on any ideas people?