• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ALEX

Bbm Water Pipes Xu Cti F Plate

ALEX

I'm in the process of fitting the BBM pipes to my CTI project, but Looking though my old photos on where they go back, I think they've been messed around with in the past.

The second picture in my restoration topic shows the engine as it was.

The coolant hose from the expansion bottle to the top small conection to the left of the radiator runs along the bulkhead down past the timing belt.

The photo on the 205 gti info page on this website shows it going around the battery? so which is right?

Also do two coolant pipes cross over where connected to the engine bock?

Looking at the engine from the front of the car, does the heatermatix top hose (one with the bleed screw) go to the left connection or cross over the expansion bottle pipe on the block and connect to the right?

It probably doesn't matter but it bothers me to get it right.

My restoration topic:

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=139692

Made lots of progress and I'll updated with more pics as soon as I get chance to take some in daylight!

I have lots of where's this bit go questions to come too!

welshpug

so which is right?

Also do two coolant pipes cross over where connected to the engine bock?

Both, depends on year and shape of pipe.

second one, heater lower pipe IIRC goes to furthest port, pipe from expansion tank goes net to it, no crossing.

ALEX

Before:

The pipes did cross over where connected to the engine block. But they could have been swapped at some point.

Now:

The BBM pipes have a bleed nipple, for some reason the old pipe didn't?

I can't get the top pipe to fit inside the clamp either, I've tried every possible routing, beginning to think I've got a pipe mixed up?

welshpug

That's how mine are routed IIRC, Silicone hoses tend to be quite a bit thicker, especially the BBM ones I have noticed.