• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jcsh

Mi16 Head On A 1.9 (Or 1.6) Block..?

jcsh

I saved my pennies and finally found an Mi16 engine for sale here in NZ they are like hens teeth, for my CTi.

Just stripped it and oh dear, the crank has run the end main and ruined the block - taken 1/2 mil out of the alloy.

Now what? I dont think I'll find another Mi16 engine block too easily but could find a 1.9 8v or reuse my 1.6 8v.

Question is can it be done? I've seen peeps talk about the different pistons and the under piston oil spray bars - no probs I have them on the ruined block, but what else...

Can anybody please tell me definitively which blocks I can use..?

Thanks a million!

james.

welshpug

it has been done, though I'm not sure how the engine mounting bracket issue was resolved, also the earlier 8v blocks don't have any meat for the front tensioner to be fitted (some even have the hole there already I believe)

none of them will have the oil spray bars, don't think its a big issue, not sure if you could mod the donor block.

one block that would be a little easier and far fresher is the XU7, I haven't tried an 88mm stroke crank yet though.

finding a block should not be too hard but what the shipping would be from the UK for example I can't imagine!

ORB

Contact my brother, he lives in Aukland and has a few bits and bobs laying about. I know he has at least one complete 1.9 MI16 and he will certainly know where to acquire them from!

simon@fastfrogs.co.nz

• Like 1