• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jamie_1992

Gti6 Vapour Canister

jamie_1992

i think that is what its called its the pipe that runs from the rocker cover to inlet throttle body

dose it need the canister in the pipe or can i run a straight bit of pipe mine was missing when i got the engine

also dose the idle control valve need to be connected to the inlet pipe as when i rev the car it takes a few seconds to return to idle am i right in thinking this is because that pipe of the icv is not connected to the inlet

welshpug

i think that is what its called its the pipe that runs from the rocker cover to inlet throttle body

no, that's just a breather with a PCV valve, no rockers here btw ;)

dose it need the canister in the pipe or can i run a straight bit of pipe mine was missing when i got the engine

its a valve not a canister, I'd be inclined to fit one.

also dose the idle control valve need to be connected to the inlet pipe as when i rev the car it takes a few seconds to return to idle am i right in thinking this is because that pipe of the icv is not connected to the inlet

no, can be on its own filter.

ORB

Out of interest WP

What is the common way to connect the pipe from the valve to the inlet? (obviously i wont be running the standard air intake pipes)

jamie_1992

yes i know there is no rockers hiding under there just couldnt think what to call them lol i suppose there just cam covers

what is the valves actual name (so i can get one)

if the icv can be on its own filter what could be causing the revs to hold a few seconds befor returning to idle

am i also right in thinking the smaller pipe under the large pipe on the inlet is not needed when the engine is fitted into a 205

Edited by jamie_1992

jamie_1992

Out of interest WP

What is the common way to connect the pipe from the valve to the inlet? (obviously i wont be running the standard air intake pipes)

i was going to buy a 3" silicone pile with a t piece in it

ebay item number 140366648087

welshpug

if not running the standard elbow, I have only ever seen small filters added onto them.

idle issue is unrelated to what filter you have, either a sticky valve or some sensor issue.

the small pipe on the front that goes across to the right hand side is for the chargcoal canister, in a 205 you need to just blank this off.

the valve in the breather is a PCV valve, just get on the lookout for someone pulling an engine apart or fitting bodies.

ORB

When I pull the charcoal cannister off, do I just chuck it away after blanking up the hole? Or do I leave the unit plugged in? (read somewhere about it upsetting the ECU if not plugged in?)

welshpug

I guess you mean the little solenoid valve, the ecu will log a fault but I don't think it affects the running at all, you could fit a resistor inline if you want. blank off indeed.

welshpug

yep.