• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
lee.kendallmi16

Which Clutch Do I Need For My Peugeot 205 1.9 Mi16?

lee.kendallmi16

Hi all,

I have a pug 205 gti with a 1.9 16v mi16 engine fitted. The gearbox is from the standard 1.9 8v engine. Which clutch will I need? Would a standard clutch for a 205 1.9 8v fit?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

welshpug

ask for a BX 16v clutch.

lee.kendallmi16

Thanks for that! Cheers

rikky

801042 is the part number for a genuine Valeo clutch kit too (what i'm running on my gti6 engine / 1.6 gti box), if it helps for cross-referencing

i had a few issues tracking a bx 16v one down with motor factors like Unipart etc, they wanted more info or a reg blah blah.. got the Valeo one in the end

having said that CarParts4Less had it on their site, and it was about £80 for the full kit (LUK brand) which is good

Edited by rikky

Anthony

The correct BX 16v clutch is 215mm diameter.

Careful that you're not offered a BX GTi clutch, as this was a 1.9 8v engine and thus a 200mm diameter clutch.

(you could also order a 405 1.9 Mi16 clutch, but this is more risky as many motorfactors will incorectly supply a 2.0 Mi16 clutch which has the wrong clutch release setup being pull rather than push)

Miles

Well you never know for sure, what if someone fitted the 200mm Flywheel, rare I know but I have come across this twice now

• Like 1

lee.kendallmi16

Thanks all for your answers.

Someone I know has just mentioned about the possibility that the standard 1.9 8v flywheel maybe interchangeable and this would mean the standard clutch may need to be fitted if it were changed over to the mi16 engine.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Other info I have is that the engine conversion was carried out by Pug racing around 5years ago. If this is possible does anyone know if this is what they would do if keeping the standard 8v box?

welshpug

that'll be Miles then!

Miles

Should not need a clutch at all after 5 years unless abused badly, who was the original owner?

lee.kendallmi16

Miles. Take it your the owner of pug racing.

Chris knight. Location shoreham-by-sea. The car has only done around 7000 miles since having it done. The car is clean enough and has had money spent on it. Don't know if its just because its been standing most of the time. Only done 1500 miles in last 2 year.

What do you think?

lee.kendallmi16

By the way Miles I've been told thrust bearings gone through pressure plate. If that helps

Miles

I just pulled the old invoice up, April 2007, for the bearing to go thru it must have had allot of town use, but will be the 215mm clutch, I never use anything else

lee.kendallmi16

Cheers mate!

Your info is much appreciated!

He did say he mainly used it to the dock and back which would be small mileage each time.

He did drive abit erratic when showing me the car but he maybe trying to show me how quick it was. Not that I bought it for that!

He had receipts up to £9000 including cost of car. I got it for £2400 down from £3000 which I thought was reasonable. It also made it back to my house in Cumbria somewhat 360 miles away so proved it was ok.

They are an awesome car and were about in my teenage years and I love it!

Hope I can contact you in the future for help! It's not everyday you get someone as genuine and honest as you, who are willing to help!!

Big thanks

• Like 1

lee.kendallmi16

Hi guys!

Back on the road and i went for the valeo clutch (part number 801042).

Thanks everyone for your info!