• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Dance21

Vacuume Sunroof?

Dance21

HI, my sunroof is really hard to slide like both hands to move it with or with out the engine running ...... I red most of the post on here about them and understand how they work when you pull the handle the locking pins drop and the a vacuum from the vacuum tank pulls the rubber down and so on.

So first port of call I thinks Ive never seen a vacuum pipe from the engine to the bulkhead so ive taken off the trim under the windscreen to trace the pipe back now this is where I get confused there's a pipe running across the inside of the bulkhead and comes out by the servo where there's a one-way valve and a T piece now where do the other 2 pipes from the T go? I have one which goes back into the bulk head the other disappears behind the servo. I would of thought this one would go to maybe the dizzy cap to pick on the vacuum pipe there or i'm I just being think and it does go into the servo.

Thanks

Dave

vtifan

theres a black box at the passenger side bulkhead that is like a resevoir for vaccum i think

Dance21

yeah I know Im on about the pipes which are in the engine bay where do they go?

Edited by Dance21

Dance21

Ok guy's just been on service box looks like I'm missing the 3 way union on the servo pipe going to order one in the morning. Im hoping the sunroof vacuum pipe is trapped behind the servo its self will let you know

grandos

One pipe from the servo to the vacuum reservoir plus one of the pipes goes into the bulk head then up the drivers side A pillar to the sunroof handle switch. (can't remember if that pipe comes from the reservoir or the servo off the top of my head)

Mine stopped working which ended up being the pipe going up the A pillar!

omri617

is there a scheme or picture of how it should be?

thanks

Dance21

Hi, found out there should be a 3 way union on the vacuum pipe from the servo looked it up on service box and gave my local dealer the part number but they said that even thou its listed and doesn't say it's NFP they can't order it is this true? If so has any one any idea where to get it?

grandos

I think that is just a 'T' piece.

Dance21

Yeah it is two of the connections are 10mm ish and one is 4mm any ideas were to get one

grandos

Some one breaking a car maybe, I'm sure someone on here will have one if you put a wanted ad up.