• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

m@ttc

Pas Steering Rack Bush

m@ttc

hi there, im trying to sorce a bush for my standard 205 power steering rack. looking on service box i can only find it for the non p,a,s rack and therefor wonder if its a totally differen't bush for mine?post-14295-0-67307900-1353234332_thumb.jpgpost-14295-0-07298300-1353234364_thumb.jpg

this is mine

is this the same as the none pas rack or does it have a diffenent pt number from peugeot?

ive seen the bronze bush on e bay dunno if its pas or not please help

m@ttc

no idea's? :wacko: Or is this just a numpty question? iv'e never seen a non pas rack bush but i get the idea its 2 plastic top hat bushes? Can any body confirm if my bush is the same as none pas? iv'e done searches but all seem to be for none pas racks, just want to confim this really. Thanks.

Miles

Try looking for the 306 one, Should be the same

slobberingant

This post seems to be the only reference I can find to this part.

The part number is 405835 which I found on the 205 service box. It doesn't appear as a serviceable part under the 306 section.

This part is NFP.

Is this part ignored when PAS racks are rebuilt or is some generic part used instead?

index.jpeg

Ozymandis

The recon pas racks I have bought always have a simple brass/bronze bush fitted, just find someone with a lathe?                                                                                                         I seem to remember reading the brass/bronze bush sold for non pas racks fits but have no direct experience of it myself.

Ask the guy who sells the brass/bronze ones he will know.

slobberingant

If a bronze bush has worked for others on PAS racks then that should be fine for me.

Thanks for the response!

Marijn

I'm looking for the bronze bush too, where can I find them? Anybody have a link to Ebay? Thanks in advance!

welshpug

anyone got a rack in bits to measure up the bush?

DamirGTI

OE PAS rack bush is blue polyurethane (i guess ??) , with cut ribs across the bush inner side .. (have a few pics can add them later)

there's some numbers/letters stamps on the bush top : AT 76 04901F

measures : 41x32x5mm

D

welshpug

which dimension is which?

you need i.d o.d and length.

Tom Fenton

I'm fairly sure I've got a new non-pas rack end bush somewhere, I can measure it, if it helps (if I can find it)

woodymi16
On 7/27/2018 at 1:14 PM, Marijn said:

I'm looking for the bronze bush too, where can I find them? Anybody have a link to Ebay? Thanks in advance!

I got a bronze bush in the quick rack kit I bought from Quaife, they may have bushes for sale separately.

DamirGTI

PAS rack bush :

o.d : 32mm

i.d : 22mm

lenght : 41mm

D