• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mastakilla

Bosch V3 Injectors?

mastakilla

Hi! Yesterday I have bought one of those small ultrasonic jewelry cleaners, as I've seen on other forums that people successfully use them to clean injectors...along with it, I also bought a complete set of orings and small bits for complete service of my injectors.

Googling around to figure which bits to buy, I educated myself about bosch injectors and I discovered that ours are the earliest v1 type, which many people on different cars (I've seen corvettes and others I don't remember), replace with the later v3 type, which is supposed to nebulize fuel much better, resulting in better power and mpg.

There is a famous video showing it:

And here one of the many threads about conversion around: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1417978

Has someone tried it on our 205s? Would it be feasible/worth?

welshpug

got a picture? how do they differ to the standard Bosch injector? are they only one flow rate or various?

mastakilla

got a picture? how do they differ to the standard Bosch injector? are they only one flow rate or various?

http://www.mrinjectorparts.com/top-feed-kits.html

This is the place I have bought the orings from, and there is a clean page which shows the different injector types.

From what I understand, both v1,v2 and v3 come in different flow rates and it should not be hard to find v3 ones that fit 205 engines spec-wise.

What I don't know is if they are a drop in replacement or if they require modifications to the head, fuel rail, connectors or other electronic bits of the car to work...