• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
starky5

Be3 Gearbox On Mi16

starky5

I'm half way through my mi16 conversion and I'm having issues. I went to fit my clutch and gearbox yesterday to realise the clutch didn't fit so I've just picked up an mi16 clutch to suit the flywheel. It's appears to be a pull not push compared to my old clutch, will the work with my gear box?

Any help will be amazing I'm getting the to stage of pulling my hair out now haha

welshpug

take it back and ask for a BX16v clutch :)

starky5

I was worried someone might say that! The petrol might be coming out soon!!

Anthony

As Mei says, you've been given the wrong clutch - you need a 1.9 Mi16 clutch, but sounds like you've been given a 2.0 Mi16 clutch which is pull rather than push. It's a common mistake motorfactors make when ordering 405 Mi16 parts.

BX 16v's only ever came as a 1.9 Mi16 and hence it's generally a safer bet ordering parts for that rather than a 405 - just be sure that it's BX 16v and not BX GTi (which was a 1.9 8v)!

starky5

Do you know if the required clutches cover diameter is 200mm or 215mm? Trying to work out if ive ordered the wrong clutch again or not!!

Anthony

1.9 Mi16 clutch is 215mm

Your original 8v clutch would have been 200mm.

starky5

I really should stop rushing when things go wrong! Ive ordered the wrong bloody clutch again!!