• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ORB

Xu10J4Rs Fitting. More Q's

ORB

Searches complete, Internet read, solid confirmations required....

1- Plumbing. What is the correct way to plumb in the water pipes? (I am binning the heat exchanger as I don't like em)

2- It seems a guarded topic and those in the know don't want to freely share the answer, so ill ask blatantly, I want to rid the engine of the AC compressor but keep the PS pump, other than finding (rare) a Rallye set up or buying (expensive) the aformentioned Rallye set up, what I'd the idiots guide as to what I need and what i need to do?

3- the oil pressure guage on the car, am I correct to assume I just pull the white sensor that appears redundant above the oil filter on the J4RS and replace with my mushroom sensor from the XU engine?

Ta

More questions to follow, as I do my conversion, I intend to take my time, document it all and produce a guide that can be followed clearly by others, but I also intend to do it as cheap as possible (harks back to the argumentative thread where WP said 500 was what it could be done for) ((I'm 275 in do far and I think I'm not far off getting ready to crack on, just going to MOT the car before I start))

Ta

Edited by ORB
  • Like 1

pugpete1108

Plumbing wise I ditched the exchanger and ran an 8v top hose with Bbm adaptor etc and used some hose to connect the lower rad outlet to the metal water pipe on the inner wing.

You need two oil feeds, one for the warning light and one for the pressure guage. So you need a t piece with the mushroom on the side and the (cant bd 100% sure on this could be another) gti6 warning light sensor in the end .

I was a little lucky with the tensioner set up as I found one on a 16v 406 without ac in my local scrappy. Try any local to you and maybe you'll be lucky too. Just need the lower fixed pulley and the top adjustable tensioner pulley from a non ac xu engine

Edited by pugpete1108

damien

im running this but without the oil cooler bit

gti6cooling.jpg

Miles

The non A/C tensioner's are only around £35.00 each so no hassle at all really, Most SH ones are worn so not worth using

ORB

Do you have the part number Miles? (or anyone?)

Ta

omega

will look forward to your build thread as very intrested.

ORB

Without going out to look (I'm cooking a roast of epic proportions at the moment)

Is this the correct tensioner I need to take the AC off? http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Peugeot_306_2.0_1998/p/car-parts/engine-parts/belts-chains-and-tensioners/tensioners-idlers-and-dampers/?326735150&1&3f129f5a01ca9042c3ae3cf0133ecf4d36232c24&000112

Ta

Anthony

As above - the first link is the AC one, the second is the non-AC one. That particular one seems expensive though.

You also need a different idler pulley and of course belt.

ORB

i thought they look expensive. Any assistance?

Ta

miamigtimark

Bought mine from Unipart automotive. (use the online catalogue for reference).

total cost for the 2 tensioners is circa £70. Belt extra.

I run PAS non aircon set up on my conversion.

Miles

That's about the right price, but when you see worn out SH ones at £40 ish as most are listed 'Rare' it's not bad really

ORB

Currently searching every parts supplier to see how cheap I can get one?

ORB

Just bought the Tensioner for £23.50 + VAT (£28.20)

So now just need to find the roller and the belt at the right money now!

Anthony

Non-AC idler for £21.30 (plus £6.50 postage) here and non-AC 6PK1165 belt for £9.84 inc postage here :)

ORB

Pissing belt from halfords is about 14feet too short...

Ordered one from work instead for 9 quid.

Bought this too http://bit.ly/ViKQ3p

CosKev

You will also need the screw for adjusting the tensioner,some bolts to secure the pulley to mount,and a tap to clean out the threads that will be rusty and full of crap!

Few people have tried winding bolts into these holes without cleaning them and they shear the bolts off.

Number 5 in the pic below is the screw for tensioning belt:

Rallyeauxset-uppic.jpg

Edited by CosKev

ORB

Thanks Dave, I'm one step ahead, I have all of the aformentioned items in stock.

ORB

Hmmm.

Just need to take out the sodding ABS now and get on with it.

But, its cold

And the wife wants me to do jobs.

welshpug

quilted overalls ftw.