• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
omri617

Symptoms That Tell It's Time To Re-Bond Front Windscreen Rubber

omri617

Hi

How can i know , that my front windscreen (or do we say windshield) ?? is in need to be removed

and re-Glued? what are the symptoms? water leaks in from which area?

thanks

Anthony

The front windscreen is not bonded on a 205 - it is made weather tight purely by the rubber seal.

The only glass that is bonded is the rear screen on the tailgate.

omri617

Anthony as always , thanks a lot

How can i know , the rubber is good to go , or i need to get a new one?

i ask this , bucause i start to suspect , the water leaks inside the car MIGHT be as a result of the windscreen?

i assume this from DESPAIR!!

grandos

Mine started leaking from both bottom corners could see it seeping in and running down the bulkhead!

omri617

i got the same problem , what is the solution? took the front wings off sealed the whole area with special silicone for industrial use

and didnt help.

??? u managed to fix it???

omri617

the windscreen seal?

chipstick

Get an assistant to use a hose/watering can or similar to pour water over the corner where you feel it may be coming in.

If you can't get your head in, stuff some tissue up inside and see if it's damp.

Where abouts is water being found inside?

omri617

i did that few times , couldnt see where is the point where it comes in

i sit inside the car and someone with a hose washes the car

i see the water coming from 2 annoying areas :

they slowly slither down next to the front corners , right side of the gas pedal

in the opposite side also the same\

i find the water just in the feet area .

grandos

I went to take mine out but ended up cracking the screen.

If your careful take it out and reseal it, but I took mine to a windscreen place (for a new screen) and voila it stopped leaking.

They would probably do a remove and reseal for less than a new screen.

mech205eng

If your putting a new seal in then two people can take a 205 windscreen out and be guaranteed not to crack it. Just cut all around the seal with a stanley blad then lift out, pull the seal off in two bits. But be careful of new seals on old glass. I took my screen out myself and after painting I got national windscreens round (half the price of autoglass by the way) to bond my rear window back in. While they were there i thought they might aswell put my windscreen in as well. I'd bought a new seal prior to them coming, the bloke cracked it as soon as he put it in. He reckoned that new seals + old glass (my glass was original and 23 years old) is a recipe for disaster

omri617

how can i get a new seal? Peugeot still makes them? i think i will take it to some glass shop you know so they will make it fixed

mech205eng

I got my seal brand new off ebay (patern part), but theres only sunroof ones available on there. Non sunroof seals have a small lip on the top to deflect the air higher and therefore reduce wind noise. Both will fit both car no problem though. I got mine delivered for less than £30 I think and the screens in now and all seems well

omri617

is it the same windscreen as normal 205 (5 door) ?