• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
vtifan

Which Gearbox Do I Have ?

vtifan

i bought a 205 with a knackered gti6 engine already fitted for spares,guy i got it from knew nothing about conversion,the car was a phase 2 1.9 and i assumed it might be the 1.9 box,i picked up my replacement gti6 engine yesterday and it has the 6 speed box still attached and the box i already have has the same clutch cable set up which is totally different to my phase 1.5 1600 gti box,is the clutch set up the same between the 6 speed box and the phase 2 gti box or are the xsara and 6 speed the same ? or all the same lol,

welshpug

the xsara vts and the turbo diesel engines share the same pull type clutch mechanism as a the gti6 with a steel bracket to hold the end of the inner clutch cable, the outer cable actually moving the arm forwards when the pedal is pressed.

your phase 1.5 is likely to have the BE1 box (or would have originally had) with the quadrant bolted to the front, the clutch arm itself poking out the front.

p.s, try the enter button, as it makes things far easier to read.

vtifan

the xsara vts and the turbo diesel engines share the same pull type clutch mechanism as a the gti6 with a steel bracket to hold the end of the inner clutch cable, the outer cable actually moving the arm forwards when the pedal is pressed.

your phase 1.5 is likely to have the BE1 box (or would have originally had) with the quadrant bolted to the front, the clutch arm itself poking out the front.

ha ha i would use the enter button but i had an accident with coffee and it sticks in,yes my 1.6 is a pull clutch and my unknown box and gti6 have a bracket in front of the lever,so i can use the gti6 flywheel and clutch with this set up then ? ,that was kind of confusing me as i had read that you had to use a gti flywheel and mi16 clutch,will i need to rob the clutch pedal out of the phase 2 and cable obviously,what about a gti phase 2 be3 box does that have a bracket or is it just the td xsara vts and gti6,thanks for the help i am just about getting to grips with this now :)

rallysteve

Also using the shift button for capital letters helps! :P

welshpug

LIKE THIS?