• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
stuart1298

Mocal Sandwhich Plate Question

stuart1298

Right, I have limited space on my engine bay, I'm looking at one if These mocal sandwhich plates, and do they work in the way as the normal plates just thinner?

Anthony

I'm not sure that they're much thinner than a standard 1.9 oil-air cooler sandwich plate, although much thinner than the heat exchanger setup used on most XU10 engines.

I've got a couple of spare Mocal sandwich plates in the garage if you're needing one?

stuart1298

Well I'm using a Renault oil filter as there only an inch or so deep, but I haven't got the old oil cooler or bolt, so thinking that might be an easier idea, took the old bits out now I've lost em :(

mang

Yeah they fit with a normal filter on just plus they normaly come with a temp valve in them to let the oil heat up ;-)

Alan_M

Yeah they fit with a normal filter on just plus they normaly come with a temp valve in them to let the oil heat up ;-)

You can get them with or without the thermostat.

If the OP wants measurements, I have a Mocal thermostatic take-off plate in the garage.

mang

I know you can get them without just dont see the point my aswell get one with car will get to running temp qwicker

stuart1298

I was bein an idiot. The mocal oil cooler allows the oil to flow trough it's own rad, rather then water to cool it. Just bought a full setup up, cheers people

Josh_Quant

Well I'm using a Renault oil filter as there only an inch or so deep, but I haven't got the old oil cooler or bolt, so thinking that might be an easier idea, took the old bits out now I've lost em :(

What Renault oil filter you using mate?

been trying to find out what smaller oil filters can be used for a while!

welshpug

They're used on loads of the older ones, R5, 11, 19 etc, much the same dimensions as a pug filter but half the height.

Just pop to a motorfactor and they'll have them on the shelf most likely, just explain what you're after, have a look at the filter catalogue, make sure the threads match (M20)

Baz

Clio 16v/172/182 etc too.

Josh_Quant

Cheers Welshpug and Baz!

stuart1298

Do you want a part number?

Josh_Quant

Yeah make things even easier lol

stuart1298

No probs, I'll grab one of the shelf and give you the GSF number and manufacture number