• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
rikky

Be3 Gearbox Rebuild Woes

rikky

thought i would ask on here regarding my 205 1.6 gti box mini-crisis

(although i'd just bombarded Mei with the same question, sorry Mei!)

in a nutshell: doing a gti6 conversion, using the 1.6 205 gti standard BE3 box (because i had one anyway), and the top arm & pin were stuck solid. drilled it out, removed fork assembly and top arm ok but it's holed slightly off-centre, and the bushes are now in pieces. so plan is to refit new bushes, and sort the fork and top arm out.

maybe i could redrill it at the opposite sides and have the pin going in from the side rather from the front? should still work, albeit maybe harder to remove in future? but may save me buying an arm and fork

although.... i hear there's another top arm and spring clip assembly, which i seem to recall from either my xu10j2 306 xsi or gti6 engine, i forget exactly though and can't see this spring assembly on servicebox. i am sure Miles mentioned it a bit ago.

oh, found these from ServiceBox which is what i am guessing i need if i go down the standard 205 1.6 gti box route:

217514 - fork bearing - 205 gti, yellow, top of fork

217522 - fork bearing - 205 gti, yellow, bottom of fork

217515 - fork bearing - 205 gti, yellow, base of box

211524 - fork lever - 205 gti - looks to include the top arm and the main fork within the box

217206 - the pin holding the arm to the fork

what are people using? suggestions from anyone?

or.. the other thing i could do is scrap the 1.6 box and stick a xsara vts 5speeder on there. i hear that's a more manageable box on motorway etc, although the car is a 3rd car and gonna be a weekend toy really anyway

furthermore, when removing the fork, the top circular webbing gave way. i am hoping it holds up when i put the new bearing in, i think it should. i could either weld a new semi-circle in there to grip the bush, or tiger seal bodge it, who knows.. photo of it:

casing.jpg

Edited by rikky

welshpug

just replied to your PM :P

you want this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CLUTCH-FORK-KIT-FOR-DISPATCH-SYNERGIE-XSARA-BX-1-6-1-8D-1-9D-2-0i-2-0HDI-211525-/221038661169?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3ACitroen&hash=item3376ee4e31

2115 25, fork arm + pin + appears to include bushes, white later versions.

early forks have yellow bushes and a different offset to the fork.

if you buy it from Peugeot/Citroen you'd need 2175 20 and 21 as well as they don't come with the arm+fork.

Edited by welshpug