• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sy84

Gti-6 Running Problems

sy84

Iv got a gti-6 converted 205 which is havin some running problems,it starts but asoon as u rev the engine it splutters pops n bangs :( so far iv replaced the ecu and throttle position sensor.any one got any ideas what could be up with it?

jamie_1992

first thing would be to change the plugs?

sy84

They are only about a month old

sy84

Thanks will get stuck in tomoz lol

EZ Tutty

MAP Sensor is likely... also check you have fuel pressure, mine would splutter and pop when the Fuel Pressure Regulator failed.

sy84

hi the guy who is looing at it for me said its a problem with the injectors they are not pulsing correctly,i have changed the ecu what else could be causeing this?

welshpug

What does he mean by not pulsing properly? You/he do know its a sequential system right? Hence the cam sensor.

harryskid

Mine did that when i was using the gti6 tb, fault was with the tb. The guy i took it to did a leak down test!

sy84

Hi iv jst been down to speek to the guy working on my 205 he said its the electrical feed the controls the injectors that's the problem,it powers them then doesn't :( I have changed the ecu but still no change we sent the car to car to auto electrics company they said only flat they can find is no vacume at manifold :/

welshpug

the electrical feed to the injectors has nothing to do with the ecu other than the fact that some ecu's trigger the relay for them, usually they are on a relay triggered by a switched ignition live.

Miles

I'm surprised that anyone has looked at it, throw in a modified car and most run a mile as they cannot think outside the box as they have no idea, may sound harsh but I see allot of this.

But without a good idea of the fault it's hard to say a cure, Maybe a broken wire in the loom, but a simple resistance test should show this up

sy84

yea i think the auto electrics garage just kinda got it out door n said couldnt find a falt.buy looks of it its not a very well done convertion,wireing isnt all that great :( welshpug where would this relay be located?

welshpug

near the battery usually, its a black 15 pin typically, though there are brown variants.

sy84

ok thanks will let the guy doin work know,its very hard for me to xplain the falts as im not doin the work my self,im realy finking of goin back to basics mi16 on carbs,i have a set ov 45s and can get a mi16 engine from a friend,i no its a old school route but i love sound of carbs and so much less wireing sensors ect

welshpug

SACRILEDGE

:P

sy84

u not a fan of goin bk to carbs then m8?

huwjones

You say it starts... Does it idle OK? If so, I'd start with cam and crank sensors. The ecu isn't picking up rev changes.

sy84

its hard to start but wen does it idles its very rough

Anthony

Sy84 - Can you please try to write in clear English, as this is an international forum and many of our foreign viewers (and many native English speakers I suspect!) will struggle to understand your poorly written posts and use of "txt spk"

sy84

sorry bad habit i gues :)

• Like 1

sy84

there was a hole that had been blocked off on underside off inlet manifold,what ever was blocking the hole along with silicone had fallen off,we re blocked the hole but now having problems with engine wont tick over on its own,also re done some wireing for the injectors.

sy84

its making a high pitch noise,kind of sqeeling noise ( not alternator) is comeing from around throttle body area im guesing what ever is causing this is making it not tick over.

huwjones

You've just fixed a major air leak in the manifold which was hiding the fact that your idle valve has a problem. Your idle valve isn't opening properly and is trying to pull air through too small a gap (that's the squealing).

Try an easy one first - re-set the ECU (battery off for 30 mins) and see if the idle valve behaves better.

If that doesn't work, you need to take the idle valve off, strip, clean, grease and rebuild it or just buy another one.

If that doesn't work, you may have a wiring problem with the engine conversion.

The missing blank also explains some of your running problems, as it was pulling un-metered air into the engine.

Edited by huwjones

sy84

Am I rite the idel control valve should,have pipe that goes into the induction pipe? Jst before the air filter? The pipe comes out idel control valve and has bred blanked off? It always ran like this before? It's a poorly done conversion mainly wireing so iv got a mi16 I'm gona drop in on carbs be nice and simple and will make sure it's done properly un like the cowboys that fitted this engine :( but stil need a few bits before I can fit the mi16 so need to keep this engine running atmo as its my daily driver