• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jamie_1992

R1 Bike Carbs Or Standerd Injection

jamie_1992

I'm in the process of putting a gti6 engine in my 205 and I'm unsure weather to use the standerd injection or to use r1 bike carbs and a Distributer

Obviously I'm looking to gain as much bhp as possible any help would be appreciated

205kenny

I had r1 carbs in my 1.9 gti, IMO the an improvement over injection and very easy to convert.

I wouldn't even consider it in a gti6 though. More involved conversion and tiu won't see any gain (except possibly the noise).

Edited by 205kenny

dcc

most gti6 engines seem to make better power with the carbs over the standard injection system.

but ditch the idea of a distributor and go for ignition controlled ECU (using coilpack)

and do a search - this has been covered before :)

welshpug

save up and do it properly imo, will be far more reliable, far less thirsty, and more drivable.

Carbs4me

As welsh pug says TBI's are the way forward, very expensive tho! infact im still saving up for mine... but im gunna trail the R1 TBI's and see what gains i get using a bog brothers manifold, on my Mi16 just need an ECU now.

• Like 1

Miles

Waste of time, Std ITB kit's for the 6 engine gain around 7bhp, using Carb's won't gain anymore than this and will cause no end of hassle (Generally)

jamie_1992

Thanks for the advice will just use standered until I have greater funds and go for jenevey tb and omex. Dose anyone know roughy prices on having these mapped

dcc

bodies setup will be around 1800 start to finish.

jamie_1992

Really where from I was thinking about 2000 plus mapping

Sign in to follow this