• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dandanger

Be3 Linkage Bars

dandanger

Hi all

Has anyone had experiance with the long gear linkage poping off at gearbox end when going from 3rd to 4th

i think the problem is down to the xu10j4rs being tilted meaning gearbox is tilted too...

what i want to know can the long bar be bent in such a way to stop it popping off ?

Tom Fenton

Usually if the gear rods pop off it is simply because the socket is worn out. Check that the rod can move through its motion without hitting anything, but otherwise get a new rod.

dandanger

cheers

Miles

As above, The joints get hot and wear plus pop off, Either Lockwire/Cable tie (Not the greatest of ways) to stop the joint popping off, new std one's or a set of mine.

allye

i think the problem is down to the xu10j4rs being tilted meaning gearbox is tilted too...

Its not good to run the engine tilted, it should be sat at the same angle as all other XU's in 205's.

dandanger

I know not ideal... if i had done the conversion myself things would have been different but who knows what the future holds and the bank balance for that matter

Sign in to follow this