• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Strictly_Derv

Best Way To Remove A Boot Loom

Strictly_Derv

I'm going to swapping a different boot on my 205 in the next few days and will need to remove the loom as the new boots loom has been cut and is was from a pov spec so doesn't include a wire for the lock.

From what I can see it look like the my original loom will need to be cut and re soldered back in, is this the only way or is there another way which involves keeping it intact?

Thanks.

chipstick

Wire coat hanger or the likes and thread it through. The plugs make it tight going through the holes so it's an idea to remove the plugs by opening them and pulling the pins out. Tape these to the wire and then reattach after.

allye

You can pull out your loom complete, then making sure the loom in the new boot is still there (cut at the hinge area) tape it to you loom and pull through gently, I've done it a few times, saves lots of cutting anf soldering!

luggy

Wire coat hanger or the likes and thread it through. The plugs make it tight going through the holes so it's an idea to remove the plugs by opening them and pulling the pins out. Tape these to the wire and then reattach after.

Done the same on mine, just make sure you label the wires and and which way they connect to the plugs before removing.

deathbringer929

if the old coat hanger or length of mig wire doesn't work and if you have a compressor. blow a piece of thick string though the holes. works 9/10 times almost immediately then you can tie on and pull through.

Baz

Yup, tie/tape some rope/string to the loom before pulling it out, then you have something left there to make fitting your loom MUCH easier!