• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Artemide

What Lsd Brands Are There?

Artemide

Hi,

In desperate need for a limited slip differential, as probably are everyone. So I was wondering, what brands are there in the big wide world that produce lsd´s. Since the quife, kaaz and etc slips cost ~800£ (which is impossible to pay), are there perhaps some other, cheaper manufacturers? I know that one manufacturer makes cheap (300£) lsd´s for Saab´s for example, so maybe there are some who also sell for Peugeot?

welshpug

Tran-x, who have recently been bought by Quaife.

Gripper.

KAAZ.

AP.

ZF.

3J Driveline (from the guy that used to run tran-X, will have a new design out shortly says Miles)

However they are all £600+, so you just need to save up.

Edited by welshpug

matt.f

Just dont get a Quaife ATB an you will be ok lol

petert

And Drexler.

Artemide

Tran-x, who have recently been bought by Quaife.

Gripper.

KAAZ.

AP.

ZF.

3J Driveline (from the guy that used to run tran-X, will have a new design out shortly says Miles)

However they are all £600+, so you just need to save up.

Many of them don´t show this on their homepage, so how i´ll know what diff I need aor what diff to ask from them? I need it for 406 SRI 8v 2.0T gearbox(It´s with cables not linkage).

And what´s wrong with quaife atb and drexler

Edited by Artemide

pug_ham
Many of them don´t show this on their homepage, so how i´ll know what diff I need aor what diff to ask from them? I need it for 406 SRI 8v 2.0T gearbox(It´s with cables not linkage).

Contact them with your car/gearbox details & I'd expect they'll reply with the model of diff you need from them & the price.

g

welshpug

sounds like the ME gearbox, I don't know any for that box, Quaife used to list one for the ML.

welshpug

They can pull you about and you can still lose traction with one wheel.

Matteo

My opinion with Quaife is good, I am happy with it in my gearbox, but I am not an expert.

petert

Drexler is top shelf - $3000+

Miles

Quaife, you may as well keep the std diff for the difference they make, They now have Tran X brand which say's it all, How they will market that who knows

dav1

I had a kaaz found it snagged you on the road got a quafie an loved it. My motor was 230 bhp it handled it fine did Wat I wanted it was a track an road car so that's Wat there for granted not rallying. Quafie must do something write if they have the money to buy tranx :-)

Tom Fenton

For a track biased car then a plate diff is the way to go. But for a road car a Quaife makes a big difference and is a worthwhile addition in my eyes, as long as its the right money. If paying full price then I'd go for the plated diff as the full price cost is more or less equal between Quaife ATB type and plate type.

• Like 1

brumster

Yes, I've been in a car with a Quaife ATB, and I was very impressed with it... this one in fact...

img_1723.jpg

Very well mannered, great grip on road tyres. It's horses for courses - for a competition car a plate diff is another step up, but for a fast road car don't dismiss the Quaife.

• Like 1

Tom Fenton

I think the key to getting the Quaife to work is that the suspension setup also needs to work, and be compliant, if the Quaife is to work then you need to keep both tyres on the floor for it to sense the speed differential and hence bias the torque- and this is the key point really, it is a torque biasing diff really, not a limited slip.

On any car with competition/very stiff/limited travel suspension, or if you start hopping kerbs then it isn't the diff for you.

The trade off is the experience of it in use - its a nice thing in operation, no clunks, bangs, grabbing, so suiting a civilised road car perfectly, and to boot it shouldn't wear out or need rebuilding periodically like the plated diffs.

• Like 1

p1234

Anyone know anything about rmc plated diffs?

welshpug

Who? :lol: do they have an agent in your country?

pug_ham

Yes, I've been in a car with a Quaife ATB, and I was very impressed with it... this one in fact...

img_1723.jpg

Very well mannered, great grip on road tyres. It's horses for courses - for a competition car a plate diff is another step up, but for a fast road car don't dismiss the Quaife.

Jamie has now swapped from a quaiffe to a proper plated diff & got a Harewood hillclimb class record very soon after the change, possibly the frst outing with it fitted.

g

matt.f

^^^^^^^ Says it all!

p1234

Who? :lol: do they have an agent in your country?

No, there is a fella on 306 forum selling one from Portugal. Never heard of them myself just wondering if anyone had.

calvinhorse

img_1723.jpg

Haha! That's me in the passenger seat!

Awesome car, awesome driver!

Your all wrong, only one company makes LSDs for 205s.. TranX

welshpug

Tran-X as a company don't exist...

Turbo7379

I've a Kaaz fitted to my track/race car & its the single best upgrade I've made to any car I've ever owned. It totally transforms the grip & handling of the car & knocked lumps out of my lap times.

It's also quite civilised on the road though power steering would be recommended. :P When purchased it was £150 cheaper than a Quaife or tran-x! :D

calvinhorse

Tran-X as a company don't exist...

Well wait for a second hand one or a queef branded one ;)