• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Nathan

Engine Sensor Wiring - Gti6

Nathan

My gti6 engine has just had been put back together after the cambelt snapped, however its not running right, it struggles to idle and genernaly pops & bangs on tick over.

Could some one please confirm the wiring arrangement for me on both the throttle body and to the cylinder head, at the moment I have:

Head (top to bottom)

Blue plug (white + cream wire)

Brown plug (yellow + yellow wire)

Green plug (green + yellow/green wire)

Not plugged in - Black plug (white + yellow wire)

Inlet / throttle body

White plug (white + green wire)

Not plugged in - Black plug (yellow/green + white wire)

Thanks

Anthony

Most of the plugs on a GTi-6 are keyed so they will only fit the correct item, and generally colour coded too.

Are you sure that the cam timing is correct, as the crank pulleys are prone to "slipping" meaning that the hole might not be correctly lined up, thus throwing out the cam timing and potentially bending valves?

There should be rather more plugs than that on the inlet / TB though - MAP (black 3 pin), ICV (black 4 pin), IAT (grey 2 pin), TPS (white 3 pin) and the TB heater (yellow 2 pin) off the top of my head.

Nathan

Its got brand new pulleys on it as the old ones were really worn, was also turned over by hand before running to 'check' that no valves would get bent.

allanallen

Its got brand new pulleys on it as the old ones were really worn, was also turned over by hand before running to 'check' that no valves would get bent.

Alright Nathan, long time no see and all that :D

Anthony means the bottom pulley, they're evil rubber centred swines that can slip a bit and mess the position of the timing pin up.

Is it a fresh head or has it been repaired? Have you done a compression test?

Nathan

Hello mate, how you doin?

The head was rebuilt less than 1k ago, but was also skimmed before going onto my engine.

Sign in to follow this