• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ben205turbo

2.0 8V Turbo

GLPoomobile

Are you speaking from personal experiance?

I wondered how long it would take for that to be brought in to the discussion :rolleyes:

I haven't f***ed Vanessa Feltz, but I am confident in my assumption that it wouldn't be a pleasant or rewarding experience, and not one I want to try.

• Like 2

peter

:blink:

not really the same thing, upping the boost 6-7psi and adding a bit more fuel then watching the afrs to make sure its ok...

The ignition map wont be that far out, and neither is the standard fuel map. Just making it slightly richer to keep it in a safe afr zone.

ben205turbo

thanks for all your feed back. I got cossie front mount, brand new turbo, 2.5" full exhaust, induction kit, boost controller. Do you think best bet is to get it mapped as i know someone local whos good with 205's only problem is ive heard bad reliability issues with the 2.0t after being mapped?

welshpug

in what respect? surely should be more reliable given the map is much closer to what the engine needs.

ben205turbo

yeah i suppose its just what ive heard? i would be more than happy with 200bhp what sort of torque figures would they produce any ideas?its completley stripped out so doesnt weigh much either and good suspension brakes and all polybushed

ben205turbo

also have done a lot of research into turbo upgrades and have seen there is a hybrid you can get think t28? maybe? but not sure if direct fit?

jonnyturbo

sos motorsport had a t3 made up for there standard manifold. most people tend to have a hybrid t25/28

ben205turbo

are they bolt on?

jonnyturbo

they hybrid there standard turbo, not quiet sure what you mean by that question.

mang

thanks for all your feed back. I got cossie front mount, brand new turbo, 2.5" full exhaust, induction kit, boost controller. Do you think best bet is to get it mapped as i know someone local whos good with 205's only problem is ive heard bad reliability issues with the 2.0t after being mapped?

Iv had a t25 (hybrid) it made 224 bhp with 232 foot prounds the engine will be reliable if you dont just slap it to gether :-) .

jonnyturbo

was that with just the hybrid turbo and boost turned up mang?

mang

Mapped and injectors it was only running 7-8 psi

Edited by mang

Anton green

Turbo, injectors, mapping. Sounds a reliable way to do it. The T25 hybrid -is it similar to the turbos commonly found upon the pulsar?

And for the original poster -how much extra power would you like exactly as I'd imagine there may be varied ways in people have gotten a little extra power fairly safely, free flowing airways, cool induction etc, but to get a chunk of power(technical term) you'd prob have to spend cash money.

Edited by Anton green

ben205turbo

i want to get it mapped but if i thinking of getting new turbo may aswell wait till after that and getting a dkz cam. would i have to upgrade injectors? if so what to?

mang

All depends on what turbo (power) you want to run I may have some injectors you can have cheep (my old ones) just need to see if there be big enuf for me I dont think they will be.

wicked

sos motorsport had a t3 made up for there standard manifold. most people tend to have a hybrid t25/28

FYI, all T28's are hybrid turbo's; it's a T25 turbine with a T3 compressor.

So if you want to convert your T25 to a T28, you have to mount a T3 compressor (wheel+housing).

Note there are several T3 compressor wheels with different trims and same goes for the turbine. So not all T28's are the same.

luke1987

Took mine to chipwizards the other day for wayne to map, spec is, Dkz cam, gti6 throttle body, dta s40, and a front mount cooler it made 200bhp at the flywheel wanted more but at that the injectors were maxing out so time for some saab reds.

welshpug

How much boost?

luke1987

Its running about 0.8, wayne said it was the injectors and a cheap dodgy map sensor holding it back.

ben205turbo

all this turbo talk is confusing me lol sorry im not as mechanically minded as most of you. if i had to buy a turbo that isn't straight bolt on would have to get lot more work done then would end up costing a fortune.

pip470

If its not a bolt on then you will need a different manifold. This will mean all water, oil and boost pipes re-routing. If your going for a bigger turbo and plan on running more boost then the list starts to get quite big. first you need a plan. What you want power wise and go from there. Its not a cheap journey and will be frustrating if not done right from the beginning.

ben205turbo

ok thank you think ill leave the turbo for now as mine is new anyway just get a dkz cam then get it mapped

sparx10james

as ye are talking about mapping and stuff....im wondering can the standard bosch ecu be mapped...chipped ect...a lad that has a performance shop near me claims that he has a chip he can fit which will give me 220 bhp. he does it by live map....what ye think....also where will i get a dkz cam

sparx

Edited by sparx10james

Slo

Apparantly so I have one sitting in front of me and it does indeed have a plug in eprom, someone just put up this Link

This isn't a picture of my ecu it's henry yorke's

post-3457-0-27399800-1359203231_thumb.jp

Read about it here

Edited by Slo