• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
bearmach

Dashboard Cleaner

bearmach

Anyone know of a good dash restorer, Mine has fadded an needs some attention

MiniGibbo

Autosmart G101 to clean mixed to 10-1

Chemical guys natural look to seal.

SurGie

Platicare will give its colour back grey or black, it a dye. It says 20 min dry time but for me at 20 degrees can be more. Its made my rubber and plastic parts look brand new.

You can get it from here and ebay, even has a 205 on the front cover, mine doesnt currently after using it quite a bit.

MiniGibbo

why would you plasticare a dash..? you can clean them back to an oem finish without the hassle..

GLPoomobile

why would you plasticare a dash..? you can clean them back to an oem finish without the hassle..

I expect you'd only use Plasticare if you wanted to change the colour, or if you needed to restore the colour due something like....oh, I dunno.....fading?

Mine has fadded an needs some attention

I wouldn't dive straight in to dying it though. See what you can achieve with cleaning and some more temporary dash/plastic treatments first. The problem with using something like Plasticare is that unless you can get a perfect colour match, you really would need to do all the dash plastics so they match up, which then becomes a problem when you get to the heater control panel :(

Edited by GLPoomobile

MiniGibbo

Ive not personally come across a car with a dash faded that badly.. bit of the above i said in my first reply brings my dash up like new in the 205.

GLPoomobile

True. They must have some viscious sunshine in Caerphilly though :D

MiniGibbo

Best remember to put my sun reflector in the screen next time im passing through...

Andy_C

Einszett Cockpit Premium best cleaner/protector I've used and leaves a nice matt finish too. Clean with an old toothbrush and any soap/shampoo first to make sure squeaky clean and off you go :)

SurGie

This is how mine looked after the windscreen section was done.

post-12727-0-92421900-1347304530.jpg

johnnyboy666

that picture looks like when you accidentally take a photo on your phone when its in your pocket

• Like 1

eastlondonpug

I had used Armor All protectant spray around 13 years ago on my dads and friends cars in KSA. That is what everyone used over there and did a pretty decent job of cleaning, protecting and mildly polishing (as long as you don't use too much). Considering that we used it on dashboards in 40-50 degree celsius heat it did a pretty decent job.

Amazingly, I found it here in the UK too at around £5 or so. I has used it on all my doors and plastics etc to clean/maintain and seems absolutely fine.