• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Turbo7379

Mi16 Wiring Help

Turbo7379

P1010176.jpg

When I installed my 1.9 Mi16 I think I have mixed up 2 temp sensor wires on the thermostat housing.

The red wire with the red end goes to the 'stop' light on the instrument panel (water overheat warning light?) and is currently connected to the top sensor.

The green wire with the green end goes to the temp gauge on the instrument panel and is currently connected to the middle sensor.

Are these wires on the correct sensors?

Is the wire with the blue plug the ecu temp sensor?

Cheers, Turbo

Anthony

The taller sensor (that currently has the red wire attached) is the high coolant temp light switch, and the shorter sensor (that currently has the green wire attached) is the coolant gauge sender.

If you get them around the wrong way, the temperature warning light (and I think STOP) slowly get brighter as the engine warms up, but the guage doesn't move.

The two pin blue plug is indeed for the ECU temp sensor

Turbo7379

Thanks Anthony.

Sounds like I had them in the right place. What had me worried was that according to the labels I put on the wires when I stripped the 405 doner car, the wires should be swapped.

Sign in to follow this