• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
chipstick

Ignition Leads. Any Brands Which Are Preferable?

chipstick

I need a new set of Corsa 16v ignition leads for my 205.

I had a flick over the Internet and can get a set of cheapies for about £16. Or there's Magnecor coloured ones for around £80.

Are they really worth justifying the extra spend? They aren't something I've ever had to look at buying.

I don't think the ones on there now are anything fancy.

Miles

what engine, GTi 6 ? you may as well use the XSi coil pack, no leads at all then or any good quality one are fine

Atreides

Magnacore are bloody pricey, but as with anything, you really do get what you pay for. I've had them on a few previous cars (although not my present 205), and they are faultless.

On the other end of the scale, I bought a set last year from GSF (cant remember the brand, but they were German), and they literally lasted 4 months before they started breaking down and causing stuttering. I've now got a set of un-branded but fairly hefty looking leads on now which are holding up well so far.

omega

Magnacore are bloody pricey, but as with anything, you really do get what you pay for. I've had them on a few previous cars (although not my present 205), and they are faultless.

On the other end of the scale, I bought a set last year from GSF (cant remember the brand, but they were German), and they literally lasted 4 months before they started breaking down and causing stuttering. I've now got a set of un-branded but fairly hefty looking leads on now which are holding up well so far.

so are you saying that thicker are better? as i think magnacore are 8mm

Henry 1.9GTi

I bought some corsa ones from eurocarparts which seem very good quailty. However also bought some for a 1.6 306 and they lasted about 4months as above before causing misfires. Will check the brand of the corsa ones when home for you. They were around the £20 mark.

chipstick

I have a eurocarpart branch nearby and I need the car this weekend so I think il buy a set of those and see how they fair. If you could let me know Henry what brand they supplied you that would be helpful :)

Henry 1.9GTi

sorry buddy I can't find the box anywhere and there are no markings for brand on the leads.

Id say your best bet is to get 2 sets for a just in case moment seeing as they are cheap! This saved me from wasting £180 on a trackday after the coil to distributor cap lead decided to give up on the old Mi :)

Sign in to follow this