• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
JEP

Xu10J4 Problem

JEP

Hey guys.

Come here from Israel, just got my Zx last week.

It's 2.0 volcane in original but the last owner changed the engine to an 16 valve XU10J4 RGY engine.

I have problems when i drove the car over an hour it's starts hardly.

Also i have problem when the car in work temperature, i can't feel the power of it, but when it's cold, it runs very, but very well.

Some people told me that the problem is in the temperature sensor, my question is where this sensor located in the engine that I could replace it.

Thanks, JEP.

welshpug

Itll be on the thermostat housing, like most engines.

JEP

What could be the problem? that the car runs very good when it's cold, and when the engine is in work temperature it feels weak :/

Other question, what is that sensor?

343g8ja.jpg

Thanks, JEP.

welshpug

Could be running lean when warm, thats the cam position sensor, as the engine runs semi sequential ignition/injection from memory.

Cts will be green and near there, often hidden underneath.

JEP

When i pull of the connector of the temperature sensor, both of the fans are working, no metter of the engine temperature, it's ok?

About cam position sensor, i don't think that could be the reason that the car bearly starts when it worm, am i right? Where is the sensor located?

Thanks, JEP.

welshpug

that's the brown sensor, you need the green one, it wont be far away.

S@m

This diagram might help slightly -

post-13709-0-48292900-1346246749_thumb.jpg

JEP

Sorry for my bad understanding, the cam position sensor, is green one?

But where it located in the engine?

And it will be nice if you will answer about my previous question, the cam postion sensor could be the reason that is hardly starts when it's warm?

Edited by JEP

S@m

The cam position sensor is the blue one next to the head in the first pic that you posted. The CTS will be in the thermostat housing along with the brown one you have already found - in the picture that i posted. Its very unlikely that the cam position sensor would effect warm starting. The CTS, however, is much more likely.

Edited by Sam306

JEP

How can i check the temperature sensor? this sensor could be the reason the car runs badly when it's hot?

JEP.

JEP

I want to buy a new one, can someone found in ebay? And i will glad if someone answer my previous question (if this sensor could be the reason for the problem).

JEP.

S@m

As both Welshpug and I have said already. YES, that could be the problem but there are other things it could be also! Maybe you should test it as has been said.

Edited by Sam306

JEP

From which cars the sesnor should fit?

JEP.

Sign in to follow this