• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
bearmach

Reverse Light Not Working

bearmach

Hi

I need some help with fixing my reverse light, The switch is working i have a feed going to swith but no light, Not sure if a needed to amend any of the rear light wireing as i have put Phase 2 lights on my H reg, I thought it would be straight swap, Or am i wrong, If there is any alterations needed does anyone no how ?

Any pictures or advise would be great

pug_ham

How have you fitted the phase 2 rear lights, with a conversion loom because the wirig is different?

Have you added the loom that runs from the n/s phase 2 light unit out through the centre of the rear panel & loops down to the reversing light in the rear valance?

g

bearmach

thanks for email,

No i did not realise this was needed, Does any one have a loom for sale or where i could get one from

pug_ham

I have bits of the loom for the fog & number plate lights from a car but the plug colours & tabs are different.

I'll have a look if I can modify the plug for the fog light to suit the reversing light & let you know.

g

chipstick

If your not confident with cutting your existing loom and joining wires, then If you come across a ph2 205 in a scrapyard, unplug the loom from the back of the glovebox and rip the whole lot out. Fair bit of leg work, but then becomes plug and play by swapping with your existing one. I warn you, it is practically the whole back half of the car loom. Fuel pump, the lot.

Here's what you'd end up with.

6e605a65.jpg

dcc

I have p2 lights on a p1.5 shell. Ill get getting RID asap and going back standard.

bearmach

after receiving a ph2 loom from some one on ebay i notice that my car already has this loom. so why will the reverse light not work. I have good conection from switch etc but still no reverse light, Where could it be going wrong.

bearmach

sorry if iam being dum, But looking at the above picture it has red plug on it, I dont have this on my loom,

on the forum topic it says the below.

The new wires plug into the original plug in quite obvious order from top of plug:

- Red to Red

- Green to Greens only have 1 green ?

- Yellow to Yellow & Pink dont have a pink wire

- White to White

- Blue to Blue

- Orange to Orange

I joined all the earth wires together at the passenger side of the car in another male spade connector and they can connect into the earth plug that was fitted to the passenger light unit originally. ???

pug_ham

The red plug is the reversing light loom which runs from the back of the passenger side phase 2 light unit down to the reversing light unit int he rear valance.

If you have only one green wire & no pink, do all your light work other than the reversing light which you are currently trying to fix?

The green wires feed the brake lights & pink o/s tail lights, do these work on both sides?

Plug fitted to passenger rear light unit:

1. Yellow wire #64, tail lights/ number plate lights feed

2. White wire #49, indicator feed

3. Orange wire #151, fog light feed

4. Red wire #53, reversing light feed

5. Green wire #36A, Brake light feed

6. Green/yellow wire #M1, earth

Plug fitted to the drivers side light unit:

1. Pink wire #63, tail lights feed

2. Green wire #36B, brake light feed

3. Blue wire #48, indicator feed

4. Green/yellow wire #M7, earth

The earth is correct for a phase 1/1.5 car with a conversion loom.

g.

bearmach

all the brake lights indicators lights work just the bottom valance does not and the reverse on the main lamps ?

pug_ham

The phase 2 reversing light is in the rear valance, not the main light unit.

You have got the ignition on to test it because it won't work otherwise.

Differences to how the lights are wired on the phase 2 cars;

phase2lights2and3.jpg

- White lines: Main loom into light units from fusebox

- Green: Number plate lights

- Yellow: Fog light

- Red: Reversing light on phase 2

g