• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
benny205mi16

Yellow Wires & Connector, What Is It?

benny205mi16

Afternoon,

I am currently removing the alarm from my car, it's an old one and is draining my battery, the car is drawing 2.0 amps, drops to 0.9 with the alarm fuses pulled so it's better but still other issues somewhere.

Back to topic, wondered somewhat there.

Under the steering wheel there are two yellow wires going into a yellow female spade connector with 75 on one wire and 75a on the other, does any one know what it is?

I have looked in my Haynes, but I can find item 75 which is the map light but not wire 75.

pug_ham

Iirc it's the choke switch wire for the lower spec carb models & never used on the 205 GTI or injection models.

I think you can bridge into this wire for enabling the K light on the dash if your ecu supports it. :unsure:

g

benny205mi16

Iirc it's the choke switch wire for the lower spec carb models & never used on the 205 GTI or injection models.

I think you can bridge into this wire for enabling the K light on the dash if your ecu supports it. :unsure:

g

Sorry, what is the K light on the dash, I have not heard of this before?

pug_ham

MIL / engine management warning light, not used on a 205 GTI unless you have a cat model but usually the wire is there on later 1.9 GTI's so connection is easy if you're fitting a different ecu that supports it.

The clocks don't generally have a bulb in place for it but that is easily fixed.

g