• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Gabba

Alternator Spindle Bolt (150Mm Long)

Gabba

Hi,

I was driving home on monday when I noticed that there was squealing coming from the engine bay.

I'd been on a motorway journey, and had only noticed the squealing once i'd left the motorway and was waiting at the junction lights.

So conserned i've pulled over only to find that the alternator belt was loose (cause of squealing), but on closer inspection the spindle bolt (the long one) has sheared where the thread starts and has left the thread end left in the tophat bit and the rest of the bolt is missing.

So,

I've spoken to peugeot and the soonest they can get the part is the 31st August, can i get this from anywhere else quicker.

and secondly just wondering what could have caused the bolt to shear like it has in the first place?

Cheers

Alex

Anthony

I have a spare one that I can post first class tomorrow if needs be.

As for what it broke - have you touched it recently, to replace/retension the alternator or belt for example?

Gabba

I have a spare one that I can post first class tomorrow if needs be.

As for what it broke - have you touched it recently, to replace/retension the alternator or belt for example?

Yeah the alternator was replaced by the previous owner about a year and a half ago.

That would be magic if you could send it out, as i don't fancy waiting till the 31st for one.

S@m

Off topic but for once peugeot aren't lying, it really is on backorder-570347, estimated delivery is the 31st. But would probably be much later. :o First time for everything!

• Like 1

pug_ham

To fit this with the engine in the car you need to remove the alternator mount, the chassis leg is in the way otherwise.

g

Sign in to follow this