• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

aggyj

Hi there,

I have a 1.9 gti 105 bhp, I also have a 306 2.0 8v engine with the headgasket gone. I was wondering if its wondering if its worth using the bottom end off the 2.0 and using the 1.9 head?? Also what is the better cam to use?

thanks

Anthony

I think that the compression ratio with that combination would be far too high - or atleast certainly to use a 2.0 head on a 1.9 GTi bottom end you need to skim it quite heavily to bring the CR up to a sensible level.

aggyj

well the head off of the 2.0 is scrap so thats not an option lol. Surely the compression ratio wouldnt increase that much ive heard of people doing it on vw's.

Edited by aggyj

Miles

The 105 1.9 uses flat top pistons so is the highest CR bottom end you can get, the CC's are in the head so much so it's belt safe

welshpug

so sticking that head on the XU10 isn't that bad an idea at all.

aggyj

So it should be ok to use this combination then? The compression ratio wouldnt be to high either? Do you think that its realy wortb doing this for the gains it will give? I have heard that the 105 bhp engine is so low on power becaust the compression ratio is so low?

Edited by aggyj

petert

The 105hp 1.9L is called the DFZ. It has a 9cc piston dish and a 49cc chamber (from memory) to make 8.4:1. It also has smaller 39mm/33mm valves, which are 3mm shorter than other head varieties, so can't easily be upgraded.

I guess on a 2L block the CR would be low 9's. Certainly a possible swap but definitely a downgrade in terms of performance.

calvinhorse

My engine appears to be like this,

8v head on a xu10 bottom end.

I was told it was a 2.1 litre how would you make it a 2.1? Diesel crank same as 16v?

Sorry for off topic

petert

The XU10J2 is an 8V. So you may have an original engine.

2.1L could be 87mm bore x 88mm stroke.

joris_andriesse

Keep in mind that the 2.0 bottom is steel and the 1.9 bottom is alu, so you wil get extra kg's in the front. In my opinion that's never positive.

I have been running the 1.9 bottom together with the 2.0 head in two cars. One with injection, the other on carbs. Didn't give much hp extra, but with the injection version I had almost 200 NM of torque on a beautifull powerband(never tested the carb car). That was surely very nice to drive.

205freak

Possible to use the xu10j2 pistons/con rods with the 1.9 crank or it´s better to use the one from the xu10j2???!

Sign in to follow this